Joni Mitchell?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the Asylum Albums box set being released today, I was hoping that we might see some Atmos titles pop up on the streaming services. Sadly I don't see any new Joni in surround on Apple Music. Hopefully it won't be long before we can hear those new surround mixes that they were working on.....

With the Asylum Albums box set being released today, I was hoping that we might see some Atmos titles pop up on the streaming services. Sadly I don't see any new Joni in surround on Apple Music. Hopefully it won't be long before we can hear those new surround mixes that they were working on.....
I think the next Archives box is due out (early?) next year, so hopefully a month or so ahead of that.

My goodness - what beautiful remastering on these albums. An incredible listening experience on CD - more pronounced than on the Reprise albums set. Hearing details I've never heard before, particularly on Miles Of Aisles. I haven't seen any dynamic range print-outs, but I can crank them up, the same as a SACD, without fatigue.
IMG_9319.jpg

My box set arrived, and i'm making my way through the albums. When i put Court and Spark in, the running time seemed too long . . . turns out it's 2:54 too long! Track 4 is "People's Parties" and "Same Situation." Track 5 is–gotta love the irony–"Same Situation" again! A quick check over at Hoffman reveals that the label is aware and "working out a replacement strategy."
The Joni Mitchell Archives/Remasters Discussion Thread
The discs do sound lovely. I remain hopeful for a Quadio release; that would be a dream come true!
Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

My box set arrived, and i'm making my way through the albums. When i put Court and Spark in, the running time seemed too long . . . turns out it's 2:54 too long! Track 4 is "People's Parties" and "Same Situation." Track 5 is–gotta love the irony–"Same Situation" again! A quick check over at Hoffman reveals that the label is aware and "working out a replacement strategy."
The discs do sound lovely. I remain hopeful for a Quadio release; that would be a dream come true!
I have noticed a few sites selling it at quite a discount a while back, a wonder if this is why.

I have noticed a few sites selling it at quite a discount a while back, a wonder if this is why.
Ha! My initial thought about your post was "Damn! Shoulda waited! Coulda saved some scratch!" But then i remembered that i ordered from Joni's site to secure a print of the cover art for my darling daughter who adores Joni Mitchell. One of those seeds that i planted that eventually took root and has blossomed into quite a beautiful love of all things Joni Mitchell. Brings tears to my eyes thinking of hearing my daughter play Joni covers. She bought a dulcimer and a guitar and taught herself how to play them so she could perform Joni's songs! Damn. Getting too emotional typing this. The print is in a pile of gifts i have for her. Hope to see her soon. Miss that girl; love that girl . . . so very much. Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Last edited:
Ha! My initial thought to your post was "Damn! Shoulda waited! Coulda saved some scratch!" But then i remembered that i ordered from Joni's site to secure a print of the cover art for my darling daughter who adores Joni Mitchell. One of those seeds that i planted that eventually took root and has blossomed into quite a beautiful love of all things Joni Mitchell. Brings tears to my eyes thinking of hearing my daughter play Joni covers. She bought a dulcimer and a guitar and taught herself how to play them so she could perform Joni's songs! Damn. Getting too emotional typing this. The print is in a pile of gifts i have for her. Hope to see her soon. Miss that girl; love that girl . . . so very much. Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
Sounds like her favorite album is "Blue." LOL, you also inadvertently damned your daughter to a lifetime of learning how to play Joni's immense catalog in a thousand open tunings! So, when is she going to learn piano? :unsure:

Last edited:
Bravo! Well spotted! I only noticed this when I compared the 2022 remaster with my earlier copy, after ripping it to Music. Couldn't figure out why the newer version was 3 minutes longer!

2022.jpg

1993.jpg

I own all of these albums as older 24/192 hi res download purchases. Does anyone know how these new remasters compare? BTW, HD Tracks has the newly remastered set for sale as 24/192. Thanks. :unsure:

If this article is to be believed, For The Roses through Hejira have already been remixed in Dolby Atmos by Ken Caillat.
It is June 2022, and Joni Mitchell is in a playback studio in Los Angeles, listening to her most successful album, Court And Spark, being radically reborn. “I love the sound of my voice,” she tells Ken Caillat, the engineer overseeing new Dolby Atmos mixes of four albums Mitchell released between 1972 and 1976, rendering them as an immersive sound experience. “I can’t believe how good my voice sounds!” Aged 78, and still recovering from the effects of the aneurysm she suffered in 2015, she is sufficiently moved to start dancing. “She was thrilled,” Caillat tells Uncut. “And we were thrilled that she was thrilled.”
There's also what appears to be an insider over at SHF hinting they have release plans for the two quads, and that a previously-unknown quad version of the Miles Of Aisles live album may also exist in the vaults. I hope all this stuff will be released on Blu-Ray.

If this article is to be believed, For The Roses through Hejira have already been remixed in Dolby Atmos by Ken Caillat.

There's also what appears to be an insider over at SHF hinting they have release plans for the two quads, and that a previously-unknown quad version of the Miles Of Aisles live album may also exist in the vaults. I hope all this stuff will be released on Blu-Ray.
I’d break open my Piggie Bank with a sledgehammer for that 🐖 🏦 🔨

No bitching at all- promise ✋

There's also the unreleased quad mix of "Blue".

Back