Joni Mitchell's Blue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to read this but unfortunately you need a NY Times subscription. Any other way to read this, is it available anywhere else?

Normally they let you read a few free articles per month without a subscription. You can also try opening the link in a private browser tab--that sometimes works to get around paywalls.

Would love to read this but unfortunately you need a NY Times subscription. Any other way to read this, is it available anywhere else?
What @humprof said.

I now have a NYT subscription, however, when I didn't, I found that I could double my free article count by logging on using two separate devices(my iPad and my laptop).

So where is the 'fabled' 5.1 remix of Joni Mitchell's crowning achievement. I recently purchased the 'extraordinary' Warner/Reprise UHQ MQA~encoded Japanese Import and to my ears it really sounds AMAZING.....176.4kHz/24 bit when 'properly' decoded!

Tried to UL the article in a zip file, but it is too large.
I can email it to anyone who would like to read it...Send me PM, or let me know a way to post the 35MB zip file.

Great article but no mention of a multichannel release.

My gods this is an expensive set though!
I shall be giving this a miss.
The EP is $4.99 at the Joni Mitchell store. You can also get it at 24/96 resolution for $9.48 from HDTracks.

At this point, I don’t know what the Archives Volume 2 full track listing or price will be so I can’t speculate as to how the value might work out for less than dedicated Mitchell fans. I’m personally willing to wait for the Volume 2 release in October but that’s just me.

The EP is $4.99 at the Joni Mitchell store. You can also get it at 24/96 resolution for $9.48 from HDTracks.

At this point, I don’t know what the Archives Volume 2 full track listing or price will be so I can’t speculate as to how the value might work out for less than dedicated Mitchell fans. I’m personally willing to wait for the Volume 2 release in October but that’s just me.

Tracklisting and pre-order prices at SDE, below. Best deals at the moment are $65 (Amazon US) or €54 (Amazon FR), before shipping. Spendier in the UK. But maybe Neil was looking at the $249 price tag for the limited-edition 10-LP set?
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/joni-mitchell-archives-vol-2-the-reprise-years-1968-1971/

Tracklisting and pre-order prices at SDE, below. Best deals at the moment are $65 (Amazon US) or €54 (Amazon FR), before shipping. Spendier in the UK. But maybe Neil was looking at the $249 price tag for the limited-edition 10-LP set?
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/joni-mitchell-archives-vol-2-the-reprise-years-1968-1971/
Good point.

I wonder if the “Amchitka” performances will eventually make their way into a future edition of the JM Archives 🤔 ? “Blue” marks the end of the Reprise years; after that, of course, comes the Geffen years.

Good point.

I wonder if the “Amchitka” performances will eventually make their way into a future edition of the JM Archives 🤔 ? “Blue” marks the end of the Reprise years; after that, of course, comes the Geffen years.

Well, don't forget the run on Asylum (For the Roses through Shadows and Light), which includes all the best Joni albums, IMO...

Well, don't forget the run on Asylum (For the Roses through Shadows and Light), which includes all the best Joni albums, IMO...
Oops, I confused the Asylum discs with the start of the Geffen period! I, of course, respect your opinion but, as much as I enjoy the later albums, I have to count “Blue” as one of her best.

I invested in the Mofi OneStep of "Blue" and try as I might, I just can't get into the album. I bought it simply because of all the high praise as I have with many others, but nothing. Have listened to it three times and cannot wait for it to be over. The high notes just grate on me, can't find any catchy passages either. Probably "California" being the only one causing me to take notice. It seems almost blasphemous to say anything bad about it. Am I the only one?

I invested in the Mofi OneStep of "Blue" and try as I might, I just can't get into the album. I bought it simply because of all the high praise as I have with many others, but nothing. Have listened to it three times and cannot wait for it to be over. The high notes just grate on me, can't find any catchy passages either. Probably "California" being the only one causing me to take notice. It seems almost blasphemous to say anything bad about it. Am I the only one?
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've never even heard this album.

Back