JRiver digital playback for beginners. Question and Answer Forum, 2021.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased a Denon X4800h and want to play multichannel dsf files from Jriver on my Mac Studio. I read through the forum as well as the JRiver forum and am not clear as to how to set this up. Does anyone have suggestions? I have a 5.1 system.

Have you hit the HEOS Music button on the remote and discovered the JRiver Media Server?

I hate to say it but it appears this is yet another AVR that only does 2-channel stereo over USB, or DLNA, meaning the only connection method that supports multichannel DSD is HDMI.

No problem, right? After all, the Mac Studio has an HDMI output... which probably won't work either, many AVRs only support multichannel DSD from a Universal disc player unless something has changed that I'm unaware of. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I just purchased a Denon X4800h and want to play multichannel dsf files from Jriver on my Mac Studio. I read through the forum as well as the JRiver forum and am not clear as to how to set this up. Does anyone have suggestions? I have a 5.1 system.
AFAIK the WASAPI driver is exclusive to windows machines. I am Mac Ignorant and can't help with Mac playback

Back