• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

JRiver Media Center Online Resources & Guides

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Video playback with JRiver Media Center works here as well.

View attachment 30858

Video Menus in JRiver Media Center
Is this a folder/file based system for video navigation and playback on JRiver?

Reason I'm asking is that I have some tools that include splitting MKV files (from Blu-ray and DVD) into individual chapters per song and semi-auto renames the files to the song titles. I created the tool for my use with Kodi but it would be equally useful for JRiver (if folder/file nav is used) and for any other media player for that matter as it gives a user the ability to select individual songs or add to video playlists:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?22693-Music-Helper-(useful-tools-for-Music-Videos-amp-MCH-Audio)

Kal Rubinson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
When I go to Help>About I get a screen shot only says 23.0.70 with licensing info, etc.
If that doesn't say (64-bit), it ain't 64 bit. Frankly, given your current situation and lack of confidence, put off running the 64-bit version until you are stable with the 32-bit version.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
If that doesn't say (64-bit), it ain't 64 bit. Frankly, given your current situation and lack of confidence, put off running the 64-bit version until you are stable with the 32-bit version.
Thanks and I agree, lack of confidence is apparent.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have the $48.00? JRiver loaded on my PC, no problem.
I think that is a one time fee for one PC ?
Now that I have the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 will I have to purchase JRiver for the NUC also ? I have the JRiver app.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I think you can load it on two machines with validation and it's fine. They don't like to advertise this, but it's fine.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I think you can load it on two machines with validation and it's fine. They don't like to advertise this, but it's fine.
Great, thank you. I believe my entire digital set up begins this Friday night. I have the pieces, the switch, the connectors, the NUC fully loaded, the NAS, ready to go, except for some minor problems that always happen it will be a new world.

Kal Rubinson

I have the $48.00? JRiver loaded on my PC, no problem.
I think that is a one time fee for one PC ?
??? I do not know what you bought. JRiver sells:
Purchase Master License $79.98 $69.98 (recommended, since it is valid for Windows, Mac, and Linux) (If you previously purchased MC for Mac or Windows, and it is installed and licensed, you will see a reduced price when you purchase a Master License.)
Purchase Windows only for $49.98 (Works only for Windows)
Purchase Mac only for $49.98 (only for Mac)
Purchase Linux only for $49.98 (only for Linux)​
Now that I have the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 will I have to purchase JRiver for the NUC also ? I have the JRiver app.
"Q: Can I install on more than one computer?
A: Yes, if it is the same operating system or if you have a Master License that works with all three operating systems. During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers. You may use a single license for all you computers, within reason."​

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
??? I do not know what you bought. JRiver sells:
Purchase Master License $79.98 $69.98 (recommended, since it is valid for Windows, Mac, and Linux) (If you previously purchased MC for Mac or Windows, and it is installed and licensed, you will see a reduced price when you purchase a Master License.)
Purchase Windows only for $49.98 (Works only for Windows)
Purchase Mac only for $49.98 (only for Mac)
Purchase Linux only for $49.98 (only for Linux)​

"Q: Can I install on more than one computer?
A: Yes, if it is the same operating system or if you have a Master License that works with all three operating systems. During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers. You may use a single license for all you computers, within reason."​
I purchased the Windows only, $49.98. Ah-ha, I used the master key yesterday and it was a no go, longer than 2 weeks, been about 4, oh well.
Suggestion ? Sounds like a reduced price Master is best option ?

Kal Rubinson

I purchased the Windows only, $49.98. Ah-ha, I used the master key yesterday and it was a no go, longer than 2 weeks, been about 4, oh well.
No. You can request a new key. Read the docs.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Yes, like Kal said, get a refreshed new key which will work for you as long as you stick with windows if windows was your original purchase.

Read up on renewing an expired key.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I understand now after last night set up. Very easy to get the media center on now 2 PC’s in my house. The options menu will show you your new key. I received an email saying basically you get 10 restores in a 12 month period. It also tells you how many are left, 9 in my case.
I saved my original registration email, very important as they will ask for that in order to give you the new access key if needed.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
JRiver working well with the NUC no problems. I added two file shares (error on my part) during my set up, and I have duplicate tracks on a lot of albums. I can go into the NAS storage and manually delete the duplicate tracks, easy, just time consuming. Does JRiver have an AUTO remove duplicate tracks ?

Kal Rubinson

JRiver working well with the NUC no problems. I added two file shares (error on my part) during my set up, and I have duplicate tracks on a lot of albums. I can go into the NAS storage and manually delete the duplicate tracks, easy, just time consuming. Does JRiver have an AUTO remove duplicate tracks ?
1. There is a Smartlist option to detect them.
2. You can delete them directly from JRiver.
3. I caution against and AUTO remove/delete option.