JRiver Media Center Online Resources & Guides

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, are you using the 32bit or the 64bit version? With the latter and enough RAM, you can load almost any track into RAM for smooth playback.

Hmm, I'm still on the Windows 32-bit version of JRiver. Taking heed of those still in beta warning messages on the JRiver forum.
It may be the time to make the move to 64 bit! :)

JRiver 64 Bit.jpg

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112687.0.html

Video playback with JRiver Media Center works here as well.

View attachment 30858

Video Menus in JRiver Media Center

Is this a folder/file based system for video navigation and playback on JRiver?

Reason I'm asking is that I have some tools that include splitting MKV files (from Blu-ray and DVD) into individual chapters per song and semi-auto renames the files to the song titles. I created the tool for my use with Kodi but it would be equally useful for JRiver (if folder/file nav is used) and for any other media player for that matter as it gives a user the ability to select individual songs or add to video playlists:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...(useful-tools-for-Music-Videos-amp-MCH-Audio)

When I go to Help>About I get a screen shot only says 23.0.70 with licensing info, etc.
If that doesn't say (64-bit), it ain't 64 bit. Frankly, given your current situation and lack of confidence, put off running the 64-bit version until you are stable with the 32-bit version.

I have the $48.00? JRiver loaded on my PC, no problem.
I think that is a one time fee for one PC ?
Now that I have the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 will I have to purchase JRiver for the NUC also ? I have the JRiver app.

I think you can load it on two machines with validation and it's fine. They don't like to advertise this, but it's fine.

I think you can load it on two machines with validation and it's fine. They don't like to advertise this, but it's fine.
Great, thank you. I believe my entire digital set up begins this Friday night. I have the pieces, the switch, the connectors, the NUC fully loaded, the NAS, ready to go, except for some minor problems that always happen it will be a new world.

I have the $48.00? JRiver loaded on my PC, no problem.
I think that is a one time fee for one PC ?
??? I do not know what you bought. JRiver sells:
Purchase Master License $79.98 $69.98 (recommended, since it is valid for Windows, Mac, and Linux) (If you previously purchased MC for Mac or Windows, and it is installed and licensed, you will see a reduced price when you purchase a Master License.)
Purchase Windows only for $49.98 (Works only for Windows)
Purchase Mac only for $49.98 (only for Mac)
Purchase Linux only for $49.98 (only for Linux)​
Now that I have the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 will I have to purchase JRiver for the NUC also ? I have the JRiver app.
"Q: Can I install on more than one computer?
A: Yes, if it is the same operating system or if you have a Master License that works with all three operating systems. During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers. You may use a single license for all you computers, within reason."​

??? I do not know what you bought. JRiver sells:
Purchase Master License $79.98 $69.98 (recommended, since it is valid for Windows, Mac, and Linux) (If you previously purchased MC for Mac or Windows, and it is installed and licensed, you will see a reduced price when you purchase a Master License.)
Purchase Windows only for $49.98 (Works only for Windows)
Purchase Mac only for $49.98 (only for Mac)
Purchase Linux only for $49.98 (only for Linux)​

"Q: Can I install on more than one computer?
A: Yes, if it is the same operating system or if you have a Master License that works with all three operating systems. During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers. You may use a single license for all you computers, within reason."​
I purchased the Windows only, $49.98. Ah-ha, I used the master key yesterday and it was a no go, longer than 2 weeks, been about 4, oh well.
Suggestion ? Sounds like a reduced price Master is best option ?

I purchased the Windows only, $49.98. Ah-ha, I used the master key yesterday and it was a no go, longer than 2 weeks, been about 4, oh well.
No. You can request a new key. Read the docs.

Yes, like Kal said, get a refreshed new key which will work for you as long as you stick with windows if windows was your original purchase.

Read up on renewing an expired key.

I understand now after last night set up. Very easy to get the media center on now 2 PC’s in my house. The options menu will show you your new key. I received an email saying basically you get 10 restores in a 12 month period. It also tells you how many are left, 9 in my case.
I saved my original registration email, very important as they will ask for that in order to give you the new access key if needed.

JRiver working well with the NUC no problems. I added two file shares (error on my part) during my set up, and I have duplicate tracks on a lot of albums. I can go into the NAS storage and manually delete the duplicate tracks, easy, just time consuming. Does JRiver have an AUTO remove duplicate tracks ?

JRiver working well with the NUC no problems. I added two file shares (error on my part) during my set up, and I have duplicate tracks on a lot of albums. I can go into the NAS storage and manually delete the duplicate tracks, easy, just time consuming. Does JRiver have an AUTO remove duplicate tracks ?

1. There is a Smartlist option to detect them.
2. You can delete them directly from JRiver.
3. I caution against and AUTO remove/delete option.

Back