JSP Blues Albums in SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
JSP Records based in the U.K. released two more blues albums in SACD Surround Sound by Jimmy Witherspoon and Carey Bell in the US. Both are available at Tower Records, Fry's Electronics and on the web from Elusive Disc and Music Direct.

Also coming are two more Blues Surround Sound SACDs from JSP by Lowell Fulson and Buddy Guy. These two SACDs are already out in the UK and are due in US music stores in October.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=17093522 for more details.

bmoura said:
JSP Records based in the U.K. released two more blues albums in SACD Surround Sound by Jimmy Witherspoon and Carey Bell in the US. Both are available at Tower Records, Fry's Electronics and on the web from Elusive Disc and Music Direct.

Also coming are two more Blues Surround Sound SACDs from JSP by Lowell Fulson and Buddy Guy. These two SACDs are already out in the UK and are due in US music stores in October.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=17093522 for more details.
Wonderful news Brian. NOW when is Sony gonna learn from the beta years! When do we get SACD at the computer like DVD-a. And the automobile!!!! Gees, you would think they would have that together already, as the auto will sell the the discs, computer cards too. This company can be so lame at times, seems i have heard they are stuggling financially. Any word on the hardware end?

quadtrade said:
Wonderful news Brian. NOW when is Sony gonna learn from the beta years! When do we get SACD at the computer like DVD-a. And the automobile!!!! Gees, you would think they would have that together already, as the auto will sell the the discs, computer cards too. This company can be so lame at times, seems i have heard they are stuggling financially. Any word on the hardware end?

Philips and Harman are working on a Car SACD player.

I've also heard industry talk that there is a company working on Universal SACD/DVD-A Car players as well. So it is coming.

I have obtained the Carey Bell(guitar and harp blues)Vivino Brothers(guitar and horns blues) Jimmy Witherspoon(big Blues). All are very quad, and very good. Material that will be played for years. Just good music!:sun

quadtrade said:
I have obtained the Carey Bell(guitar and harp blues)Vivino Brothers(guitar and horns blues) Jimmy Witherspoon(big Blues). All are very quad, and very good. Material that will be played for years. Just good music!:sun

Those are some tasty blues SACDs there. You'll enjoy them !

And the good news is that JSP has more Blues Surround Sound SACDs on the way !

Late picking these up as some of them are OOP and skyrocketing at Amazon and Ebay. Have the Buddy Guy, Byther Smith, and just ordered Carey Bell and J & L Peterson discs. As mentioned, everything is excellent.

Get the rest, they're really good, just got the Deitra Farr great blues especially track 2 of the surround mix (12 in 2.0, 10 in 5.1 with a different track order). The J & L Peterson is crazy money new from Germany, and £28/$46 upwards used in the UK.

Thanks guys for the great info. Just ordered James and Lucky Peterson and Deitra Farr. Sampled the tracks on Amazon. Being that they are JSP the surround mix should be solid. I already have Buddy Guy and Guitar Shorty.

These JSP discs are very, very good.
Listening to Michael Hill right now.
Hubert Sumlin and Triple Fret are the only ones I'm missing.
They will be a challenge to find at a palatable price

These JSP discs are very, very good.
Listening to Michael Hill right now.
Hubert Sumlin and Triple Fret are the only ones I'm missing.
They will be a challenge to find at a palatable price

The Michael Hill 5.1 SACD album "Black Gold and Goddesses Bold" is excellent, indeed and available ridiculously cheap [new/used from 3rd party vendors] @ AmazonUS http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00080CP14/?tag=hraudio-20

Yeah - the political overtones don't bother me in the least. I won't be listening to the lyrics I doubt...just the vibe.

I should clarify. I HATE entertainers who drag politics into their live shows...you know...the chatter between songs. But political tinged songs.....meh. Don't bother me too much.

Yeah - the political overtones don't bother me in the least. I won't be listening to the lyrics I doubt...just the vibe.

That's how I look at it too. The guitar work on the Amazon samples I listened to sounded pretty good. I'll admit I'm taking a bit of a chance on this one but I've always enjoyed the surround mixes on these JSP releases.

I should clarify. I HATE entertainers who drag politics into their live shows...you know...the chatter between songs. But political tinged songs.....meh. Don't bother me too much.

There are so many releases available in the secondary market I can live without one with questionable lyrics...hope it's not bad for you..to be candid I need to spend more time listening to all these...I spend all my time hunting and buying them:(

There are so many releases available in the secondary market I can live without one with questionable lyrics...hope it's not bad for you..to be candid I need to spend more time listening to all these...I spend all my time hunting and buying them:(

Me too lately...I have many that I've not listened to....just crazy.

Back