Judith Durham (The Seekers) dies at 79

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never heard a more clear, pure, and beautiful voice than hers and she sounded the same after many years.

When "I'll Never Find..." was first released, it brought tears to my eyes and still does.

So very sad.

Doug
Right on Doug ... Judith's voice always made the hairs on my neck stand up . Think I will be re-spinning the seekers tomorrow in her Honour

She really had an incredible voice and was trained in opera before going folk then jazz, from all reports she was a very nice an generous person. She had body image problems from her younger years and struggled to keep her weight down but definitely solved that in the 70's. My favorite was a composition by Paul Simon and Bruce Woodley called Red Rubber Ball.

In the nineties and naughties they reformed and produced a great album called Future Road......get it if you can, fantastic tracks on it:

Go on plunge into "The Seekers" rabbit hole you will love it.

RIP Judith you were just awesome in every way, a national treasure

I cannot resist this one, my equal favorite, again written by Paul Simon for the Seekers. This is so uplifting and Judith's voice is perfection combined with the great harmony of the 3 boys

This is live!!

I don't think that Judith's death was mentioned on the US national news broadcasts which is a real shame. I texted a (much younger) family member about Judith's passing and, not thinking that she would be familiar with Judith's name, I explained that she was the lead singer of The Seekers. The family member said that she knew who Judith was but didn't know that she had died and, like the rest of us, was really bummed out about it.

Back