Just did a Q8!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Using WL5. This time, I used a fresh, sealed copy of a Q8 I bought on eBay. I struggled with the recording decision, and went with 24/96 "just to be sure".

This WL5 program is GREAT. It really makes discWelder Bronze a low cost after thought. With WL5, like the old CD Architect, you can record the entire Q8 to 4 single mono or 2 stereo wav files, and you do not have to break those files up into wav files for each song. Man, that saves a TON of time.

Once you have the files recorded and remove the splice sounds, and anything at the start and end of the tape, you just open a new montage, add those files, and insert markers where the tracks are to be. I found out the hard way that you should use "DVD Splice" markers instead of track start and end markers.

After that, you are practically done! I burned a test disc with no NR and am going to try it in the car tomorrow. I think I will have to NR these tracks, but I really do not want to. But, that's a standard debate.

Anyway, everytime I use this program, I am astounded. It is worth every penny if you are into this stuff. Remember, if you are interested and don't want to pay the full price, you can still buy the competitive upgrade to v4, then the $99 upgrade to v5. I think this upgrade price is "limited", so don't delay. By the way, the competitive upgrade does not check for a version of ANYTHING! So, you really do not need SF, CEP, etc, to install it. (At least, it never asked me for those CDs)

Anyone else try this approach?

Back