JVC 4-DD5 light always on, and whirling sound.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockaMarka88

Hi, everyone.

I’ve recently ran into a problem with my JVC 4-DD5 demodulator.

For some bizarre reason, the red CD-4 Radar light now stays on and is accompanied by a whistling/whirring sound; sometimes it’s intermittent, sometimes it’s continuous.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Apparently being in close proximity to other electronic devices can set this off, but it’s never happened before, so why suddenly now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Does it happen if the turntable RCA cables are unplugged from the 4-DD5? If it stops when the turntable is disconnected it could be an open shield on the cable, maybe oxidation on a connector, etc.

Does it happen if the turntable RCA cables are unplugged from the 4-DD5? If it stops when the turntable is disconnected it could be an open shield on the cable, maybe oxidation on a connector, etc.
Hi, quadsearcher.

I’ve just tried unplugging the RCA cables; it makes no difference.

Hi, everyone.

After making a few adjustments to the demodulator, I think I’ve fixed the problem.

I increased the CD-4 Adjust L and R ports, and turned the 30 kHz carrier level down to 2. The CD-4 Radar light now only comes on when it should, and there’s no background noise coming from the demodulator.

Back