KAB Cleaner

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcsten

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
As Cai may remember, I recently got a renewed appreciation for cd4 with a used table and a new stylus for my m24h. Well, here's another thing that's probably self evident to all everyone except me. I recently sent for the KAB disc cleaner; the cheap one you have to attatch to your home vacuum to make it work. Anyway, I cleaned my dirty records I got off ebay. Pretty good effect. Now I am working my way through my cd4s that I thought were pretty clean. What a difference!! If anyone seriously has quadradiscs to play, vs just to collect, this is the only way to go!
Marc

Yeah, record cleaning machines make a huge difference. I still haven't broken down and got one myself. I have a pretty good regimine for manually cleaning my records, but it is still not as good as a machine. Every time I think about buying a record cleaning machine, I think of how many records I could buy instead! ;)

Question about the KAB cleaner, on the site they caution against using a shop vac, and I'm wondering what you're using. I have a small, lowpowered shop vac that I'm actually using as part of a DIY record vac I made. It seems to work great, but is a little inconvient to use.

I thought about getting the KAB machine, but I have no use for a full sized regular vac as they suggest (I have hardwood floors, my cheapo electric broom works fine for that.) If I was going to go that route, I figure I'd be better off buying a Nitty Gritty or Audio Advisor with the vac built in.

Still, for the $8 I put into materials for my DIY soultion, you can't beat it!

Cai, I thought the same thing. It ain't the same, and if you can go the simple cheapo that I got its around $175, Yeah that's alot of records, but I figure I am less likely to have to buy them again.
And Captain, I read all that before I bought. I have the perfect vacuum at home and have always used it for my hardwoods. Its a '60s vintage Eureka canister. It sucks quite a bit harder than hte newer ones I have tried, although no as hard as a shopvac. Not sure about yours if its a low power unit, but if your home made unit works, keep using it! See the "Vinylengine" board for some ideas on home made.
Marc

Well, I'm the kinda guy that goes all out when he decides to do something, so when I do get around to it, I'll get a VPI 17F. Now THAT'S a lotta rekkids! :eek:

Back