Kal Rubinson's "Music In The Round" Column Ends

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed Kal's perceptive writing and thorough reviews of new products. BTW, for the first time in eons, I have not renewed my subscriptions to either The Absolute Sound nor Stereophile. Both magazines, IMO, mainly cater to the analogue set and all the info I really need is either at QQ forum or online ..... months before it's published in either magazine.

And except for Kal's bi monthly column in Stereophile, neither magazine actually ever catered to the advancement of surround sound.

Just got my new Stereophile today. Sorry to read that Kal Rubinson will no longer be writing the "Music In The Round" feature. Thanks Kal for all the years of great articles and information. Gonna miss you in Stereophile, but glad you're still active here with QQ. :)
Still in Stereophile for the foreseeable future. Just no more MITR.

I too am glad Kal is with us at QQ and still employed as well. The only real downside for us at QQ is that Kal may not have the same to access resources that he learns from such as products (surround related) that have benefitted us here. I have read his advice and comments on QQ as well and have learned what I needed to know to understand various surround topics especially pertaining to modern equipment. Thank you Kal for being willing to share your knowledge with us here at QQ and for promoting surround sound.

YIKES! Kal is a very important part of QQ and it's very sad to learn that MITR is going away. At least Kal is not! :)

What's the deal? No more stuff to write about or no one at the magazine cares but Kal about stuff "in the round"? Can't it become a quarterly column or something?

Kal is of course free to post a thread here about whatever he likes any time he likes. However, we don't do paychecks! :whistle:

KAL, will especially look forward to your MUSIC IN THE ROUND 101th COLUMN on Quadraphonic Quad Forum!

But you will, of course, have to alter your classical sensibilities to accomodate the heavy metal/punk/rock 'n roll tastes of picky, finicky QQers

See the source image
ROCK 'N ROLL, BABY!

Back