Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

~dave~~wave~

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
...The mix is hot and front heavy...

...even Leftoverture has an AM radio level of compression.
Squashed sound has always been one of the unfortunate signatures of Kansas albums...
Astute observations and helpful counter-balance to the torches and pitchforks.

In the classic Kansas years I remember repair shops with small FM radios on every bench.
Or old cars with factory speakers, their songs cut through the noise.
Even today as background music at a big box store.

Shadocal

Really loving this album more with each play. Musically I think it is fantastic. When I first heard it I was disappointed in the 5.1 DTSMA mix but I will say this: I swear the LPCM 5.1 sounds better. I hear more bass and more clarity in the 5.1 mix. There are more discrete moments than I first gave it credit for. The rears don’t sound too low either when I play this mix on my system. I never owned a Kansas album before but love prog. I’ve since gone back and listened to Leftoverture etc but still love this new album. For me it’s a solid 8 but the music is a 9.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I cannot fathom, how anyone can say this music isn't killer Man, I think it's stunning. :) Just my opionion, obviously. And, Baggins was totally right...the last song completely rips it. WhoopEE
After being lost in the U S Mail for a few weeks and then being reissued by ImportCD, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the results. Ok, admittedly, NOT an adventuresome remix, MOST especially for a new album, but the music is solid, the recording absolutely fine and the fact that SONY/KANSAS issued it on BD~A/RBCD in a nifty digipak for LESS THAN THE PRICE of a stereo download is commendable.

IF ONLY contemporary remix engineers, save for a VERY few, would listen to some of those ultra discrete Dutton Vocalion QUAD SACDs from the 70's for reference, these tame modern 'remixes' wouldn't be so HO HUM! IMAGINATION, fellas: SHOULDN'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

A SOLID 8!

Last edited: