Kansas "The Absence of Presence" CD+5.1 Blu-Ray coming 6/26/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Looks like I can smell an upcoming surround release from a mile awayo_O Well, all I got for you at this point is an official press release and no 5.1 mixer's name - let's hope this one turns out the way Styx's or KWS's recent blu-ray surround offerings did, fingers crossed!
“The Absence of Presence” will be released June 26, 2020, on Inside Out Music and is distributed by The Orchard. The album will be available on CD, Double LP 180 Gram Vinyl, Limited Edition Deluxe CD + 5.1 Blu-Ray Artbook, and digitally on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and all other streaming services. Pre-order opportunities will start on April 17 at KansasBand.com and Amazon.com.
Also, Kansas gave fans a sneak preview of what they can expect to hear on the album with this sampler video: KANSAS - The Absence Of Presence (Trailer)

Kansas.jpg

I've always liked Kansas, so this will be a must.

It made me think 'when did I first hear Kansas?', and I reckon it was at somebodies house circa late '75 early '76 on the way to see Man play at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone!

Back in the day, one of my buddies had a big brother with a HUGE record collection, and a really nice stereo. He was pretty cool about us hanging out there, and always had new music to listen to. I still remember hearing "Journey From Mariabronn" for the first time there, jaw hanging open, thinking holy shit who the hell are these guys?!

Kansas has always been my favorite of all time, but mostly up to and including POKR with the original lineup. Today, they sound more like Dream Theater than Kansas to me. Here's hoping that this leads to the early catalog being done in 5.1!

Interesting there are only 2 left of the original 6 members.

Kansas has always been my favorite of all time, but mostly up to and including POKR with the original lineup. Today, they sound more like Dream Theater than Kansas to me. Here's hoping that this leads to the early catalog being done in 5.1!

I saw them live in a small theater last fall, and they were stunning.

We can hope, who knows, and if they do its a definite Yes to a purchase!

I saw them in a sold-out Madison Square Garden in 81 (with .38 Special opening). Then I saw the modified lineup in 99 in a park in Chicago near the ferris wheel, and they were really really good. Walsh still did his trademark keyboard hand stand then. The last time I saw them was at a small outdoor venue in Denver. Not so good. Walsh could barely croak out his lines an octave lower than usual, Williams was having continual amp problems, and the band just wasn't on the same page that day.

Back