Kansas "The Absence of Presence" CD+5.1 Blu-Ray coming 6/26/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really isn't a debate or argument to disagree. Physical media is joining the dinosaurs as extinct.

My only bone of contention, and as technology continues to evolve, is that the quality of physical vs. streaming (cloud based) is a wide divide. Music (and movies) sound way better via physical digital mediums at this point in time. My worry is that content providers won't utilize the best available sound quality on streaming/cloud platforms, (for example Dolby Digital + vs. Dolby True HD) even if/when bandwidth allows for it. My other, a minor gripe, is that streaming/cloud media can be removed off of the cloud at any time by content owners. At least with physical, you have a hard copy in your hands, play it anytime.

I agree wholeheartedly, Eric. Streaming, especially movies and even those offered in 4K pale in comparison to physical UHD4K discs, especially evident with streaming's DD 5.1 versus physical UHD4K discs' LOSSLESS codecs. There just isn't enough bandwidth allocated. When you watch classics like Spartacus, Lawrence of Arabia, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Jaws on physical UHD4K discs .....you'll know immediately, the difference between streaming and the real kahuna is extreme....perhaps due to the fact that a lot of UHD4K discs employ BOTH HDR10 and Dolby Vision processing.

Last edited:
There are a couple bands, Uriah Heep is another one, that I'll always be interested to check out their new album even though there was really just a little period I was into. I know I'll probably be disappointed but I'll keep checking them out. There are usually little bits of songs I like.

You will be disappointed, let me assure you. Mick Box can still play though.

Back