Kansas "The Absence of Presence" CD+5.1 Blu-Ray coming 6/26/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cry: Looks like I'm in limbo...

Dear Eric Kalet,

Thank you for ordering Kansas - The Absence Of Presence Ltd. Deluxe CD + Blu-Ray Artbook from the Century Media Official Store.

We would like to inform you that there has been a delay in the supply chain for this particular item, and it will not ship from our warehouse this week. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay and appreciate your understanding. You will receive a confirmation email as soon as we are able to ship your order.

We would also like to remind you that you will still receive an email on release date tomorrow with access to the digital download of the album.

Regards,
The Century Media Family
:cry:

Sorry to hear that Eric...but lets turn that Limbo into something fun...REJOICE

I definitely ordered a Blu-ray; unless Amazon screwed up again and is hoodwinking me.
I did order very early on. If they send me a CD, I’ll be bitching hard at them to get it the fuck right!
Check your order before they send it.

Jeff Glixman's the Mixman

(and Ray Shulman's the BD Man)

318A205F-3143-4B2D-8421-2D7FF90DBAE2.jpeg

Jeff Glixman's the Mixman

(and Ray Shulman's the BD Man)

View attachment 54063

musically very much my cuppa tea, i love it! 😍

the multichannel mix? restrained, bordering on too tame, would be my assesment.

the 5.1 has its moments, with discrete synth, guitar and violin bits in the Rears, little
drum bits and ambience and some mild panning, Centre's got kick and isolated lead vocal, which is all cool.

however to me the channel balances feel out of whack 🙁 i haven't put it through the computermabob to pull it apart and tbh i don't think i'll bother because i can tell you just by using me ol' lugholes the Front channels tend to dominate. for me the Fronts are too loud and too prominent, carrying too much content for such a layered production.

hand on heart i feel the quality of the content deserved a more ambitious and inventive surround mix, the album itself is excellent and it sounds great and the artbook package itself is a nice thing.

just don't expect a 5.1 presentation of Scheiner/Clearmountain/Wilson/Prent (etc., you know what i mean) calibre and you won't be disappointed 🙂

musically very much my cuppa tea, i love it! 😍

the multichannel mix? restrained, bordering on too tame, would be my assesment.

the 5.1 has its moments, with discrete synth, guitar and violin bits in the Rears, little
drum bits and ambience and some mild panning, Centre's got kick and isolated lead vocal, which is all cool.

however to me the channel balances feel out of whack 🙁 i haven't put it through the computermabob to pull it apart and tbh i don't think i'll bother because i can tell you just by using me ol' lugholes the Front channels tend to dominate. for me the Fronts are too loud and too prominent, carrying too much content for such a layered production.

hand on heart i feel the quality of the content deserved a more ambitious and inventive surround mix, the album itself is excellent and it sounds great and the artbook package itself is a nice thing.

just don't expect a 5.1 presentation of Scheiner/Clearmountain/Wilson/Prent (etc., you know what i mean) calibre and you won't be disappointed 🙂

Freddie Babyyy..

You also got a Computermabob???? I got a couple of them...the other one is the MacJiggy!!!

Freddie Babyyy..

You also got a Computermabob???? I got a couple of them...the other one is the MacJiggy!!!

yeah! lets get jiggy with the Mac! 🥳
(don't tell the wife) 😉 🤣

i should add, i don't feel the need to fiddle with the channels on this one, the balances seem right because the last track has the most active mix with stuff panning around and it all feels pretty seamless, so i guess its just that the mix has Fronts that dominate the Centre and Rears and so if thats your bag you'll have a blast. if not and you prefer a 5.1 mix with Centre & Rears with equal energy/content to the Fronts, maybe not so much 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
you can always return it!
Nope - Estoy en modo de parada de emergencia de distanciamiento social gigantesco.

But if it's the wrong one I won't be surprised, as Amazon does not differentiate with it's formats worth a shit. Now I appreciate what Amazon can provide, so don't get me wrong; but they've been at this now for some 25 years. With one of the best online systems in the world, with a leading presence with their AWS / SAS services, they should have figured this all out by now 🧐

I saw something yesterday that said if you'd put $10,000 in their IPO, you'd now be worth about $20,000,000!

Hey JP I got curious (it killed the cat they say!) and on the Kansas website is a CD/BD option for US$19 for release on 17th July, so you might be lucky!
Unless this release makes it over here then I will pass. It’s bad enough when the only way to get the 5.1 mix is to buy an expensive box set but when a cd+ Blu-ray is produced but not available this side of the pond thats not cricket!!

Looks like that’s a USA only release can’t find anyone in Europe selling it, only way to get the Blu-ray here as far as I can see is in the deluxe box set. Need to see some better reviews before going down that route.
Yes, the cd/bluray twinpack seems to be only available in the USA officially, but you can get this in the UK for approx £17 at Amazon UK, and approx only £13 at wowhd, links below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Absence-Pr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RF15050N501XE4DHYBEH
https://www.wowhd.co.uk/the-absence-of-presence/194397627022
Worth a punt if you like Kansas (y)

Unless this release makes it over here then I will pass. It’s bad enough when the only way to get the 5.1 mix is to buy an expensive box set but when a cd+ Blu-ray is produced but not available this side of the pond thats not cricket!!
I understand if you're not a huge Kansas fan, but actually for a little more, our bud @fredblue may have the last laugh (he's no dummy ya know); as the Limited Deluxe (with Book) may be the best option. You can buy that one, if you really don't like it enough, wait a few years and you could potentially sell it for more than it cost you.
It's just a good idea to support this surround hobby of ours to keep the titles coming.

Dude... MCH mixed in Esplanade Studios, NOLA...
Just found out that the studios are not calibrated for MCH , just that they will be "set up" for MCH...which really doesn´t bode well if you want a space that is dedicated...I personally would not be at ease in a room a like that...just saying...

Back