Kenwood KR-9340, KR-9940 speaker switch problems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance7489

Has anyone out there figured out how to properly clean the speaker switches in these ? No matter how much deoxit it saturate them with, they still have problems cutting out. ....... any tips ???

Maybe speaker relay contacts are oxidized.
They probably are, but I thought deoxit was supposed to take care of that. I've owned a few of these units over the years & they've all had the same problem with the speaker switches. All the other push button type switches work fine on the units. It's just the speaker ones.

Relay contacts: "I thought deoxit was supposed to take care of that. "
Sometimes, but it can be difficult to open the relay(s) to get deoxit at their contacts. Has this been done?
I don't know the specifics of this model, hopefully someone has more service experience with these Kenwoods than I.
In many amps,generally,there can be multiple places in the signal path where problems have possibilities to occur. But sometimes a flaky switch is just a flaky switch! Looking at each channel's output with a scope, before it hits any relays or switches (and after), will tell a tech the whole story.

Back