• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Kenwood Service Bulletins? Super Quad KR-9940 KR-8840 KR-9040 KR-8040

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

guy232

Hello fellas,

Does anyone happen to know how one could find out about potential service bulletins released for the Kenwood KR-9940 / 8840 / 9040 / 8040 super quad?

Have been tinkering and cleaning up a new to me KR-9940 and was just curious about service bulletins released over the years this unit was active. I found one (Bulletin SB 2017 dated Aug 15, 1975) but unfortunately it only dealt with some text corrections in the service manual.

I'm not too knowledgable about this, do units like these often have quite a few service bulletins? Or not really?

Thanks all! If I find anything i'll update here.

Circular Vibes

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
The only ways I can think of are to find techs that worked on them when they were current or check with major reference libraries. Maybe do some research on authorised service centers from the era. I had a look at the Sams website and they only offer the original OEM service manual with no notations of addendums or dates.

quadsearcher

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Kenwood, in my experience didn't have a lot of bulletins. Their stuff just worked. Some other brands seemed to be a work in progress, where once out in the field, design problems became apparent due to failures. Carver was notorious for that.
Warranty/Factory Authorized Service Centers would be the only ones to receive bulletins, unless they accepted technical assistance calls from non-warranty Independent Servicers.
The way I see it, if a unit from the seventies is running today, it must have had any necessary updates done years ago.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hello fellas,

Does anyone happen to know how one could find out about potential service bulletins released for the Kenwood KR-9940 / 8840 / 9040 / 8040 super quad?

Have been tinkering and cleaning up a new to me KR-9940 and was just curious about service bulletins released over the years this unit was active. I found one (Bulletin SB 2017 dated Aug 15, 1975) but unfortunately it only dealt with some text corrections in the service manual.

I'm not too knowledgable about this, do units like these often have quite a few service bulletins? Or not really?

Thanks all! If I find anything i'll update here.
Have a look at Hi-Fi Engine - Kenwood Quad Receivers