• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Kenwood xxv-05v Dvd-A/V head unit

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

holland123

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
There is someone on ebay selling one of these units brand new still in the box, "old store stock" he calls it for 850.00 plus shipping, (no, it's not me) yea it seems high for a going on 20 yr old unit but in my humble opinion this and the Pioneer avh-p7600/7800's were and still are the best out there. the suggested retail for this back in 02' was 1,800.00 us but it could be had for @1,200.00. I do still think he's a little bit high, perhaps he will come down if anyone's interested.

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
There is someone on ebay selling one of these units brand new still in the box, "old store stock" he calls it for 850.00 plus shipping, (no, it's not me) yea it seems high for a going on 20 yr old unit but in my humble opinion this and the Pioneer avh-p7600/7800's were and still are the best out there. the suggested retail for this back in 02' was 1,800.00 us but it could be had for @1,200.00. I do still think he's a little bit high, perhaps he will come down if anyone's interested.
I see two avh-p7800 units listed, both in Texas? Used $675 and NOS $1699?

My avh-p7600 is still rocking and I paid $250 about 4 years ago. Lost the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holland123

those are also outstanding units, I believe the 7800 must be amped whereas the 7600 can be run direct, however when you have a system that nice you really want to amp it anyway.

jamoke

QQ Supporter
I picked up a Kenwood KVT-915DVD monitor unit and receiver unit but still need the two (black and white) interconnect cables.
If anyone has a dead Kenwood KVT-915DVD or Kenwood xxv-05v I would be very interested in the two cables.

holland123

I will keep an eye out for you, but watch ebay closely, those come up once in a while, usually paired with the hideaway module, if memory serves me right (and usually it doesn't) I'm thinkin' the cables are also the same for the 815dvd which had a dvd-v only hideaway unit but was more popular, check that out too, good luck

jamoke

QQ Supporter
No-go on the 815dvd. Looks like it only takes a single cable from monitor to receiver, but thanks for the tip anyways.

The 915 and xxv-05v require two cables, a black and a white.
You can order the Black cable from PacParts, but the White cable has been discontinued...strange.

Just gonna have to keep my eyes open til I find em.
Meanwhile, I have a lead on a Pioneer AVH-P7800DVD.

holland123

That pioneer is an outstanding unit, i believe that model must be amped, however any unit of that caliber should be paired with quality components anyways. I did see a complete kenwood xxv on ebay right now on ebay for $400. Looks pretty good to me, I've even thought about it myself for a spare cuz the price is pretty damn good. You may want to consider.

jamoke

QQ Supporter
I picked up the Pioneer unit but will be a few weeks before I can install it. The unit has a MOSFET 50W x 8 amp but I will only be using it to power the center channel. I have a Kenwood KAC-3004 quad amp I want to try for the Front and Rears.

Still looking for the Kenwood cables too...