Kevin Coyne In Living Black and White SQ Quad?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1977 Quad Oddity

Hi

I have a double LP from Kevin Coyne called "In Living Black and White" released by Virgin Records in 1977.

The cover has a sticker on the front "sample not for resale" and it professes to be "Quadraphonic".

I've searched on the Internet and asked a fan site but haven't been able find out if it really is quadraphonic, and why it might have been made.

Mike Oldfield was at Virgin at the same time as Kevin Coyne. Tubular Bells had a quadraphonic release.

I don't have the record with me (it's hiding in an attic). Is there anything I should look for on the LP/cover to give more info on whether it is a Quadraphonic record?

Any comments/ideas?

Check the inner groove for an etched in number, maybe there is an "SQ" in there.

1977 Quad Oddity said:
Hi

I have a double LP from Kevin Coyne called "In Living Black and White" released by Virgin Records in 1977.

The cover has a sticker on the front "sample not for resale" and it professes to be "Quadraphonic".

I've searched on the Internet and asked a fan site but haven't been able find out if it really is quadraphonic, and why it might have been made.

Mike Oldfield was at Virgin at the same time as Kevin Coyne. Tubular Bells had a quadraphonic release.

I don't have the record with me (it's hiding in an attic). Is there anything I should look for on the LP/cover to give more info on whether it is a Quadraphonic record?

Any comments/ideas?

For as far as I know
There is a Kevin Coyne record that is produced in quadro
What kind EV qs sq I have not by hand but wil look for it in
the several quad catalogs I still own.

Quadfreak.

quadfreak said:
For as far as I know
There is a Kevin Coyne record that is produced in quadro
What kind EV qs sq I have not by hand but wil look for it in
the several quad catalogs I still own.

Quadfreak.

You can Look on het record round the label some times
there is a number scratched in with the extension ev sq ore qs

Quadfreak

quadfreak said:
You can Look on het record round the label some times
there is a number scratched in with the extension ev sq ore qs

Quadfreak
If rustyandi says he knows it is SQ, it is SQ!!!!!

Back