King Crimson 1980s Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headphone Dust (SW's store) has the CD/DVD-A editions of both "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" available for preorder!

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/king-crimson-beat-cddvda/
http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/king-crimson-three-of-a-perfect-pair-cddvda/

:) :banana: :cool:

Beat's Info:

Released as part of the King Crimson 40th Anniversary series, “Beat” was the band’s 9th studio album, originally released in 1982. It marked the first occasion where a King Crimson line-up had remained intact for a two album stretch and was also the first album by the band to employ a separate producer – Rhett Davies. The complex polyrhythmic musical textures of the ‘80s Crimson, the strength of the songs and the cohesion of the studio performances, all helped the album chart upon release in the US and the UK.

As with other albums in the King Crimson CD/DVD-A series, the CD features a new stereo mix by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp, while the DVD-A features a 5.1 surround sound mix and high resolution of both the original and new stereo mixes. Also included is a rough album mix, video performance footage of two songs from The Alabamahalle, Germany, and the promo film for Heartbeat.

CD:

2016 stereo remix

1. Neal and Jack and Me
2. Heartbeat
3. Sartori in Tangier
4. Waiting Man
5. Neurotica
6. Two Hands
7. The Howler
8. Requiem (Extended Version)

Bonus Track – Absent Lovers (instrumental studio recording)

DVD-A:

– 5.1 lossless surround sound, and DTS 5.1 surround sound album remix

– stereo album remix in high resolution audio

– original stereo mix in high resolution audio

– rough mixes of complete album

– additional stereo audio tracks; Absent Lovers (instrumental studio recording), Neil and Jack and Me (alternate take), and Absent Lovers (live).

– promo film for Heartbeat

– film of two live tracks from Munich (Waiting Man and Heartbeat)

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS RELEASE WILL ALSO BE INCLUDED AS PART OF A FORTHCOMING KING CRIMSON 80’s BOX SET.

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM, RELEASE DATE: 14th October.

Three of a Perfect Pair's Info:
Released as part of the King Crimson 40th Anniversary series, “Three of a Perfect Pair” was the band’s 10th studio album, originally released in 1984. Having released two albums in a nine month period between October 1981 and July 1982, the album is the final part of the recorded trilogy begun with “Discipline” and “Beat”. From the pointillist minimalism of the title track through to the urgent rush of ‘Sleepless’ and the album’s closer ‘Larks’ Tongues in Aspic III’ – the only reference to the 1970s incarnations of the band – Crimson’s distinctive mixture of rock, electronica, funk and pure pop songs, ensured the group’s status as one of the most interesting and innovative bands of the decade.

King Crimson’s final album of the 1980s is augmented with extra tracks newly mixed for the 2016 edition.

As with other albums in the King Crimson CD/DVD-A series, the CD features a new stereo mix by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp, including several additional tracks, while the DVD-A features a 5.1 mix and high resolution of both the original and new stereo mixes. The DVDA also contains the bonus tracks from the 30th anniversary CD edition and the promo film for ‘Sleepless’.

CD:

2016 stereo remix

1. Three of a Perfect Pair
2. Model Man
3. Sleepless
4. Man With an Open Heart
5. Nuages (That Which Passes, Passes Like Clouds)
6. Industry
7. Dig Me
8. No Warning
9. Larks’ Tongues in Aspic Part III

Bonus Tracks:

– The King Crimson Barber Shop
– Robert’s Ballad
– Shidare Zakura
– Industrial Zone A
– Industrial Zone B
– Industrial Zone C

DVD-A:

– 5.1 Lossless surround sound, DTS 5.1 surround sound album remix (including 2 bonus tracks: The King Crimson Barber Shop and Robert's Ballad)

– stereo album remix in high resolution audio (including bonus tracks)

– original stereo album mix (including bonus tracks from 30th anniversary edition) in high resolution audio

– Promo film for Sleepless

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS RELEASE WILL ALSO BE INCLUDED AS PART OF A FORTHCOMING KING CRIMSON 80’s BOX SET.

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM, RELEASE DATE: 14th October.

Ordered these from DGMLive. Given the long wait since the remixes were (supposedly) done , I'm pretty underwhelmed by the extras (which I thought were the reason for the delay.)

.....I'm pretty underwhelmed by the extras (which I thought were the reason for the delay.)

I'm most disappointed that there only two songs worth of footage from the 1982 Munich show. Much more was broadcast on German TV and it was a scorcher of a gig. I'll hold off complaining though until they announce the contents of the big box. Maybe the full video will be in there.

I'm most disappointed that there only two songs worth of footage from the 1982 Munich show. Much more was broadcast on German TV and it was a scorcher of a gig. I'll hold off complaining though until they announce the contents of the big box. Maybe the full video will be in there.

That, to me, is the only even mildly interesting bonus content. But then again, for fans there's already the Frejus video for the Beat tour, and the Japan concert for the 3ooPP tour. Both are very good and have been available for ages..

Ordered these from DGMLive. Given the long wait since the remixes were (supposedly) done , I'm pretty underwhelmed by the extras (which I thought were the reason for the delay.)

Keep in mind these two things:
-There will be a lot more extra material included in the comprehensive 80s box set (though we don't know yet exactly what will or won't be included.)
-There's not as much room for extras on these DVDAs as one might think, given that there's MLP 5.1 and 2.0 streams, along with LPCM 2.0 and DTS 5.1 for DVD-V players. Then throw in the original stereo mix in high-res, and after that, you have to make do with the available space left.

I admit it...I was so excited that I placed the pre-orders I didn't notice the mention that all material on these would also be in the 80s box set

I regret nothing...

Just seen this release for end of August on the CDJapan web site. A live 2CD, plus blu-ray set called Radical Action. Description as follows:

Live work release from King Crimson. Consists of two CDs and a Blu-ray. The CDs include live tracks taken from their world tour in 2015 produced by David Singleton under a supervision by Robert Fripp. Japanese edition features HQCD format with K2HD mastering (or more spec, subject to change). The Blu-ray mainly features their concert in Takamatsu (partially features one in Tokyo, subject to change). Spec: Stereo / Surround, 48kHz 24bit (subject to change). Pressed in Japan. Cardboard sleeve packaging.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/IEZP-108

Surprised there's nothing on the DGM Live website yet about this.

Just seen this release for end of August on the CDJapan web site. A live 2CD, plus blu-ray set called Radical Action. Description as follows:

Live work release from King Crimson. Consists of two CDs and a Blu-ray. The CDs include live tracks taken from their world tour in 2015 produced by David Singleton under a supervision by Robert Fripp. Japanese edition features HQCD format with K2HD mastering (or more spec, subject to change). The Blu-ray mainly features their concert in Takamatsu (partially features one in Tokyo, subject to change). Spec: Stereo / Surround, 48kHz 24bit (subject to change). Pressed in Japan. Cardboard sleeve packaging.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/IEZP-108

Surprised there's nothing on the DGM Live website yet about this.

DGM may post something about it today or tomorrow, plus Burning Shed usually lists their new preorders on Thursdays, so if it's being released at the end of August, then we should be hearing something official about it really soon! :)

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm

Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind is the title of a new multi-disc set from King Crimson scheduled for release on 2nd September.

Taken from the 2015 tours of the UK, Canada & Japan, Radical Action represents the most comprehensive release for this incarnation of King Crimson, and will be available as a 3cd/1blu-ray set, and in a 3cd/2dvd/1blu-ray limited edition.

Radical Action features every song and piece performed by Pat Mastelotto, Bill Rieflin, Gavin Harrison, Mel Collins, Tony Levin, Jakko Jakszyk and Robert Fripp and as Fripp commented last month while supervising mixing, “This is King Crimson… re-imagined”.

..well..now ..where are all the people who were "bitchin' and whining"
"oh we don't get any KCrimson releases/when are they gonna release the 80's stuff????"

well, you wanted 80's stuff...???
HERE IS YOUR 80s STUFF!!!

:smokin

..well..now ..where are all the people who were "bitchin' and whining"
"oh we don't get any KCrimson releases/when are they gonna release the 80's stuff????"

well, you wanted 80's stuff...???
HERE IS YOUR 80s STUFF!!!

:smokin

66355523.jpg

OK- I'm being lazy, I know....but...is this box redundant? Are any of the multi-channel offerings in this box available as stand alone?

Yes, you are lazy, lol, but essentially the DVDAs in this box are all available (or will be available) as smaller, cheaper CD/DVDA-V configurations.
The Blu-Rays however are exclusive to this set, and there is some surround content exclusive to those Blu-Rays.

Back