King Crimson 1980s Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that actually the ITCOTCK set would be it's own thing, with Blu-ray and possibly new unearthed material. And that the three following albums would comprise it's own box, not unlike the one coming out at the end of this year.

"In the Wake of Poseidon" and "Lizard" will always be odd-balls when it comes to the box set releases as neither album was made with a touring lineup, and they really don't fit with either "In the Court of the Crimson King" or "Islands", but I would still rather have an "Islands" box set released next year rather than tread a lot of the same ground again with "In the Court of the Crimson King". They could wait a few more years before doing more with that album again. :)

I could see a potential ITCOTCK release as being the final set, completing the circle in a sense.

Well to get this thread truly 100% back on topic, let me say that I'm very happy that we're finally getting a comprehensive set of King Crimson in the 1980s after the CD+DVD-A/V releases of "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" were delayed when focus was shifted towards the gigantic box sets for "The Road to Red" and "Starless". Those sets are great, but they didn't really offer that much in terms of new surround sound mixes. This set on the other hand should be a revelation as we should now finally be able to hear the long-awaited "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" remixes alongside the stellar remixes for "Discipline".
I'm so excited for this that I'm already starting to put aside pennies for it in anticipation of the fall release! :)

What about TCoL, PtB and the projects?

Those CD+DVD-A/V and/or box set releases would probably come up in 2017 at the earliest. I think they really are making the best decision to focus on the 80s albums this year as the reissues of "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" are long overdue. Plus I think they would have an easier time selling the CD+DVD-A/V editions and box set of the 80s albums than they would selling the same editions for albums that were released after "THRAK", like TCOL & TPTB.

Just checking whether they are part of the plan. I assume TCoL and PtB are, but I'm less confident of the projects.
We got Scarcity of Miracles and that's among my favorite KC related discs.

"Scarcity of Miracles" was different because it was a new album release, but AFAIK, there are no plans to include the Projeckts as part of the 40th anniversary series since they aren't works made by "King Crimson".

From DGMLive.com:

Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair, the second and third installments of King Crimson’s ‘80s trilogy are to be released in October.
Issued as part of the 40th Anniversary series they both feature new stereo mixes by Robert Fripp and Steven Wilson on CD and DVD-A, with a new 5.1 surround sound mix by Fripp and Wilson, along with original mixes in hi-res with audio and video extras, on the DVD-A.

Full-tracklistings for both albums and pre-sale orders through Inner Knot and Burning Shed will be announced in the coming weeks.
Please note that all material on both Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair will also feature on the King Crimson boxed set On and Off The Road 1981-1984 also due for release in October 2016.

More details on track listing and pre-order information will follow.
http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5529

:) :banana: :cool:

From DGMLive.com:

Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair, the second and third installments of King Crimson’s ‘80s trilogy are to be released in October.
Issued as part of the 40th Anniversary series they both feature new stereo mixes by Robert Fripp and Steven Wilson on CD and DVD-A, with a new 5.1 surround sound mix by Fripp and Wilson, along with original mixes in hi-res with audio and video extras, on the DVD-A.

Full-tracklistings for both albums and pre-sale orders through Inner Knot and Burning Shed will be announced in the coming weeks.
Please note that all material on both Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair will also feature on the King Crimson boxed set On and Off The Road 1981-1984 also due for release in October 2016.

More details on track listing and pre-order information will follow.
http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5529

:) :banana: :cool:

Finally!

Maybe if I start saving right now, and put a dollar and some change away everyday until release date, I can actually afford the box set this time...

So the box covers all three albums Blu ray I guess in that

Yes, it's presumed that the box set will contain all three 80s albums on both DVD-A/V and Blu-Ray (the Blu-Rays being exclusive to the box set like all of the other recent box releases.)

And to make the announcement even more exciting, the Crimson 7-headed beast will play two nights in Madrid in November! Yippee!

These KC box sets always seem to be released around my birthday......which is a useful financial bonus!

And to make the announcement even more exciting, the Crimson 7-headed beast will play two nights in Madrid in November! Yippee!

So happy for you..and for me!!!
We'll have to meet!!,,,,and at the Palacio de Congresos!!!
¡¡Jodeeeeerrrrr!!!

(¡Me pudiste haber avisao!!! :lookaround )

So happy for you..and for me!!!
We'll have to meet!!,,,,and at the Palacio de Congresos!!!
¡¡Jodeeeeerrrrr!!!

(¡Me pudiste haber avisao!!! :lookaround )

No me diste tiempo, llegué a casa a las 11 ayer :(

Tickets apparently go on sale on friday 3rd on Ticketmaster and they play con two consecutive nights on Nov 21st and 22nd. I'll probably buy one ticket for the 21st, shall we sync up next week?

No me diste tiempo, llegué a casa a las 11 ayer :(

Tickets apparently go on sale on friday 3rd on Ticketmaster and they play con two consecutive nights on Nov 21st and 22nd. I'll probably buy one ticket for the 21st, shall we sync up next week?

Ya, ya, no problem!!

BTW the website says that the last time they played Madrid was 16 years ago..., but it was in 2003 at Conde Duque....so , it'd be 13 years...

I'm going to BOTH!!!!

you KCan never have enough KCrimson....

RT, what makes you think the quote "unreleased gems from the 1980's being unearthed" has anything to do with Beat & TOAPP?
To me the latest announcements do nothing to support that we will ever see these releases.
They've been done for ages and yet they collect dust.
To me further proof of why Robert Fripp goes through so many musicians, arbitrary, oblique mindset.
Frankly I'm beyond tired of any King Crimson "news" because it's no news at all.
I'm convinced we'll see Beat & TOAPP right around the time we see Archives 2. i.e., never.

I'm very pleased to say that I WAS WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!
I take back all of the stupid, undeserved garbage I posted about RF.
He is a prince of a gent.

Now that Neil guy...

Back