King Crimson 2015 Tour Box

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
The all-new 2015 Tour Box will be available for general release at the conclusion of the European leg of the current tour. Following the same format as the highly successful 2014 edition, this 2 disc set features a variety of outtakes, alt mixes, excerpts, previews of forthcoming releases, many of which appear on CD for the very first time. Alongside the music there's a new essay as well as a selection of Tony Levin's photographs and KC ephemera and memorabilia. (I've tried to highlight certain tracks that might be extra special on this release.)

CD I Tracklist

1: Wind extract 1969 In The Court Of The Crimson King recording sessions: from In The Court Of The Crimson King 40th Anniversary CD/DVD-A

2: Epitaph 2015 - Steven Wilson 2015 instrumental mix: previously unreleased

3: Catfood - from In The Wake Of Poseidon recording sessions: previously unreleased on disc

4: Bolero - from Lizard recording sessions/T. Lev overdub: Frame by Frame boxed set/Lizard 40th anniversary edition CD/DVD-A

5: Islands (extract with Oboe) - from Islands recording sessions: Islands 40th anniversary edition CD/DVD-A

6: A Peacemaking Stint Unrolls - from Islands recording sessions: Islands 40th anniversary edition CD/DVD-A

7: LTIA II (2014 rehearsal extract) - 2014 Band rehearsals: previously unreleased

8: LTIA II - 1974 Asbury Park: USA CD/DVD-A & Road to Red boxed set

9: Fracture - 1974 Gottingen: Starless boxed set

10: One More Red Nightmare (guitars extract) - from Red studio sessions: previously unreleased on disc

11: One More Red Nightmare - 2014 Los Angeles: Live at The Orpheum

12: Elephant Talk (12" mix) - 12" single version, dubbed from vinyl Discipline CD/DVD-a, previously unreleased on CD

13: Absent Lovers - from Beat studio session: from forthcoming Beat 40th anniversary edition CD/DVD-A

14: SF soundcheck extract - 2014 San Francisco: Previously unreleased

15: Larks' III/Sleepless - Three Of A Perfect Pair studio sessions: from forthcoming Three Of A Perfect Pair 40th anniversary edition CD/DVD-A

CD II

1: Jurassic THRAK (edit) - THRAK recording sessions: from forthcoming THRAK boxed set

2: The Hell Hounds of Krim - 2014 Los Angeles: from 12" Cyclops Picture Disc EP, previously unreleased

3: VROOOM - Live in London 1995: from forthcoming THRAK boxed set

4: VROOOM Coda Marine 475 - Live in London 1995: from forthcoming THRAK boxed set

5: ProjeKction (P4) - 7th Note,1998 San Francisco: previously only available via mail order CD

6: Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part IV / The ConstruKction Of Light - from The ConstruKction Of Light recording sessions: previously unreleased on CD

7: Sus Tayn Z (P3) - May 2000: previously unreleased on CD

8: The Power To Believe II (demo) - 2002: from the forthcoming The Power to Believe 40th anniversary CD/DVD-a

9: The Power To Believe II - 2003: from Live in Milan

10: Ex Uno Patres (Fripp, Belew, Levin, Mastelotto) - 2004: previously unreleased on CD

11: The Light of Day - 2010: Alt take from A Scarcity Of Miracles CD/DVD-a previously unreleased on CD

12: Ba Ba Boom Boom (Harrison, Mastelotto) - 2008: previously unreleased on CD

13: ATTAKcATHRAK (end edit) - 1996: from forthcoming THRAK boxed set

14: 21st Century Schizoid Man - 2014 San Francisco: Previously unreleased, From 12" Cyclops Picture Disc EP & forthcoming USA II album

TB2015.jpg

Interesting that it says The Power to Believe 40th anniversary CD/DVD-a too, as well as Beat and TOAPP. Also USA II, presumably the promised full concert disc.

Interesting that it says The Power to Believe 40th anniversary CD/DVD-a too, as well as Beat and TOAPP. Also USA II, presumably the promised full concert disc.

Exactly. This is the first mention of a PtB CD/DVD-A release as well as the title for the upcoming full 2014 concert release.
Boy, they certainly know how to tease us, don't they?!

:)

Haha, yes. Maybe another release of ITCOTCK:)

Oh good grief, I hope not! I'm not sure if I'll recover from the financial strain on my bank account that will most likely be caused by THRAK and Premonitions!
They need to at least give us an 80s box set complete with the "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" remixes before they shove out any more reissues of the first album to us.

Haha, yes. Maybe another release of ITCOTCK:)

I was wondering last night if they would ever re-issue the box set with a Blu-ray disc and maybe additional content. That first album is pretty iconic and I would think with the other big box sets another pass at the first one wouldn't be such a bad idea. Then again I haven't shelled out money for the first box.

I was wondering last night if they would ever re-issue the box set with a Blu-ray disc and maybe additional content. That first album is pretty iconic and I would think with the other big box sets another pass at the first one wouldn't be such a bad idea. Then again I haven't shelled out money for the first box.

I think an 'early years' box set with "In the Court of the Crimson King", "In the Wake of Poseidon", and "Lizard" (or at least the first two albums) would be better than another box set reissue of just ITCOTCK.
It could be called "In the Wake of the Lizard King" :ugham:

But I beg DGM/Panegyric…PLEASE don't release another gigantic box set unless it's an 80s box set with "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair"! I can't stand the wait for those anymore!

Oh good grief, I hope not! I'm not sure if I'll recover from the financial strain on my bank account that will most likely be caused by THRAK and Premonitions!
They need to at least give us an 80s box set complete with the "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" remixes before they shove out any more reissues of the first album to us.
They need to release Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair before they release ANYTHING else.
I have never seen such an awesome release schedule go straight into the ditch with the finish line yards away.
Does a certain someone have ADHD, AAADDDHHHHDDD or some other alphabet disorder?

They need to release Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair before they release ANYTHING else.
I have never seen such an awesome release schedule go straight into the ditch with the finish line yards away.
Does a certain someone have ADHD, AAADDDHHHHDDD or some other alphabet disorder?

As far as I'm concerned, the train is now back on the tracks with these new THRAK reissues after it got derailed following the reissue of "Larks Tongues in Aspic"
Now we can only hope that it stays on the tracks long enough to get the other two 80s albums next year.

Exactly. This is the first mention of a PtB CD/DVD-A release as well as the title for the upcoming full 2014 concert release.
Boy, they certainly know how to tease us, don't they?!

:)

Wouldn't it be odd if they did eventually release PtB in CD/DVD-A form, but never did the same for The Construktion of Light. TCOL has never I think even been mentioned as a possibility, and yet may turn out to be the only KC album never done, which would be a great shame.

I now have the 2015 Tour Box too, and will try to listen to some of it tonight. That made for a great value programme from last night's KC gig (y).

And what an amazing gig that was, one of the best ever. It was one of those where you find yourself grinning all the way through, and still am today :). Also, it was difficult not to go cross eyed, trying to watch everything that was going on on stage! Highlights there were many, but the sequence of Easy Money/The Letters/Sailor's Tale was absolutely incredible.

Wouldn't it be odd if they did eventually release PtB in CD/DVD-A form, but never did the same for The Construktion of Light. TCOL has never I think even been mentioned as a possibility, and yet may turn out to be the only KC album never done, which would be a great shame.

I now have the 2015 Tour Box too, and will try to listen to some of it tonight. That made for a great value programme from last night's KC gig (y).

AFAIK, Fripp is not fond of TCOL at all.
Here's his comments on it from a diary entry in 2011:

TCOL, as a studio album, doesn't convey the power of the music, to a greater extent than any of the KC studio albums, IMO. David Singleton and myself listened to the multi-tracks at DGM a little while ago, and came to the view that we could not significantly improve the album from the source recordings - ADATs. The band weren't able to tour the music live before recording, always my preference, particularly with a new configuration (the Double Trio had become the Double Duo); Pat was on electronic drums when he would have preferred to use a mix with acoustic traps; much of my attention was on writing and playing, rather than recording and production. So, subjective opinion and generalising: the music, yes; the recording and cover, no.

We have discussed re-assembling the album to include live recordings of the pieces. Something like, The reConstruKction of Light. This is one of our discussion plans for a possible future, if litigation and dissent leave our DGM lives.

Recording The Power To Believe was a very different creature. KC was in a larger studio, in Nashville itself, and chosen to suit the rhythm section of Pat and Trey. The band had travelled many miles together and played-in the material. Even then, David Singleton and myself spent three weeks of late nights at DGM HQ to add the last 10% (while also dealing with Sanctuary’s NY lawyer during those long hours).

AFAIK, Fripp is not fond of TCOL at all.
Here's his comments on it from a diary entry in 2011:

That's a pity. I listened to TCOL last night, and its an excellent album. I think it would sound pretty good in 5.1, especially the superb 2 part title track, which they're still playing part of live now. Hopefully someone will be able to persuade Mr Fripp to have this done.

I also listened to the first disc of the 2015 Tour Box last night. The Epitaph on there is I think an instrumental version of the SW remixed song. Nice!

That's a pity. I listened to TCOL last night, and its an excellent album. I think it would sound pretty good in 5.1, especially the superb 2 part title track, which they're still playing part of live now. Hopefully someone will be able to persuade Mr Fripp to have this done.

I also listened to the first disc of the 2015 Tour Box last night. The Epitaph on there is I think an instrumental version of the SW remixed song. Nice!

Well Fripp's certainly changed his mind on things throughout the series (like creating a new stereo mix for "Red") so it's always possible, but I just hope that neither TCOL or TPTB are released in surround before "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair".

Back