Steven Wilson King Crimson in Atmos! ("Larks Tongues" 2CD/2BD set coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
First time starting a thread here and I hope I put it in the right spot, or isn’t a repeat of another thread... but did anyone else see this from the King Crimson guestbook site:

Sailors Tale boxset
Hello Are there any plans to reissue this boxset for those (me!) who missed it first time round. Rather than paying exorbitant prices for second hand or rip off dealers Fingers crossed

Alex Mundy replied:
Dear Kevin, Sadly when any of these boxsets sell out there are no more plans to remake them, as the costs to do so would be prohibitive. Both The Sailors Tales & THRAK are now gone from us - but individual retailers may still have copies. CD/DVD-a of Wake, Lizard and Poseidon all still available & we will, at some point, be issuing Dolby Atmos mixes/album sessions as individual CD/Blu-Ray sets of these albums.

https://www.dgmlive.com/forum
Can I be one of the first to say... “Thank you. Yes please. I’m ready to pre-order when you’re ready. Thank you again. Did I mention that I’m ready to pre-order?”

In a reply to a question on the guestbook over at DGM Alex Mundy mentions more Atmos.

Sailors Tale boxset
Hello Are there any plans to reissue this boxset for those (me!) who missed it first time round. Rather than paying exorbitant prices for second hand or rip off dealers Fingers crossed
Alex Mundy replied:
Dear Kevin, Sadly when any of these boxsets sell out there are no more plans to remake them, as the costs to do so would be prohibitive. Both The Sailors Tales & THRAK are now gone from us - but individual retailers may still have copies. CD/DVD-a of Wake, Lizard and Poseidon all still available & we will, at some point, be issuing Dolby Atmos mixes/album sessions as individual CD/Blu-Ray sets of these albums.
I'm guessing he means Wake, Lizard and Islands....and if that's the case I'd be surprised if they stopped there. Bring 'em on!

In a reply to a question on the guestbook over at DGM Alex Mundy mentions more Atmos.

I'm guessing he means Wake, Lizard and Islands....and if that's the case I'd be surprised if they stopped there. Bring 'em on!
I don’t want to appear greedy but yeah... let’s not stop with those three (in addition to what we have with Court.)

Personally, I’m a big fan of Thrak and Discipline and would love to hear those in Atmos. But I promise to buy whichever ones they choose to put out.

Don't overlook Alex Mundy's comment about the album sessions. I downloaded these from the DGM site when they were offered, and they are extremely interesting looks at the creation of Lizard, Posedion, and Islands.

First post here after lurking a long time..

On the back cover of the Uncut King Crimson Edition this can be seen.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
First post here after lurking a long time..

On the back cover of the Uncut King Crimson Edition this can be seen.
This is great news! I own all the 40th anniversary releases and the box sets, and Lizard and Discipline were my first two purchases of surround releases.

The Atmos and new stereo and 5.1 mixes of the debut album did not disappoint. I will purchase them all on day one.

it also seems the live in Rome will be finally released. I’m not sure that will be in Atmos, though.

Nice to see that looks like he’s also done new 2023 stereo and 5.1 mixes, a nice incentive to pick these up for someone who has yet to upgrade to Atmos.

I doubt it but it would be nice for DGM to release a similar edition of Court with session highlights in stereo from the bigger box set.

With Larks’ listed as coming in Autumn 2023 and the other two listed as “Coming Soon”, I would hope we have an official date on those two any moment as I’m assuming “Coming Soon” is sooner than Autumn. (Could be wrong, though.)

With all sorts of stuff being streaming-only these days, seeing the word “Blu-ray” next to all three is just as exciting to me as seeing a release date.

And yeah... if there’s a First Post Hall of Fame, @feltan’s post would get my vote.

This is great news! I own all the 40th anniversary releases and the box sets, and Lizard and Discipline were my first two purchases of surround releases.

The Atmos and new stereo and 5.1 mixes of the debut album did not disappoint. I will purchase them all on day one.

it also seems the live in Rome will be finally released. I’m not sure that will be in Atmos, though.
Yeah, same here. They will be auto buy even though I already have 30th and 40th Anniversary editions.

They mention Live in Rome in the magazine but no technical information. I sincerely hope for bluray with video.

Back