HiRez Poll King Crimson - IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (2019 50th Anniversary Mix) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of King Crimson - IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (2019 50th Anniversary Mix)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I remember the talk about settling for using a safety copy of the multitracks for the first 5.1 remix.

I think you might misremember this.
The only copy tape that was used for this album was for the 1999 '30th anniversary' remaster of the original mix. Which was corrected in 2004 when the complete original stereo masters were found.
Then the complete original multitracks were found, even down to the pre-bounced tapes, for Steven Wilson to remix in 2009.

I think you might misremember this.
The only copy tape that was used for this album was for the 1999 '30th anniversary' remaster of the original mix. Which was corrected in 2004 when the complete original stereo masters were found.
Then the complete original multitracks were found, even down to the pre-bounced tapes, for Steven Wilson to remix in 2009.

That's what I've about the 40th Anniversary release of ITCOTKC; SW & RF had access to all the 1st generation reels and did the remixes from those. Anyway, the 50th Anniversary set sounds so much better thanks to SW's improved mixing skills, (and the packaging of the album is also a big improvement as well).

I'm pretty sure it was talk on the DGM forum. Years ago now and their old forum is long gone. I also remember reading about the safety copy of the original stereo mix. I think that was in liner notes. It lines up in hindsight too. SW didn't suddenly forget what he was doing after remixing Lizard! :D (Which he did first.) Pulling things forward to disguise the missing/damaged ambience the way he did in that original remix is really brilliant work too IMHO. It doesn't sound damaged or like a rescue. Sounds intentional. Could sleep easy if that one would have ended up having to stand for this album. Easier than accepting that the Fillmore West multitrack is truly lost, anyway!

Hope I'm not spreading rumors!
This remix is fantastic!

I had the 40th edition and it never did much for me so when the 50th anniversary came out I thought to myself why bother but was convinced by my friend on here not to let it pass and so what the hell he never steered me wrong before and all I can say is what the hell this is amazing sonically this sounds totally different. Steven Wilson did a fantastic job with this and you can see how much he has learned in the last 10 years. I find that there is new life to this recording and was surprised that the music still sounds fresh and not dated.

This thing is killer but loses a 1/2 point from me for the what I say was an UNNEEDED track. The 2019 overdubs on ‘21st Century Schizoid Man’ by Mel Collins & Jakko Jakszyk

Just arrived from Bullmoose.
Total blind buy heard the masses say excstatic things so never heard the album before never heard anything from King Crimson.
Entered as a virgin but did give You tube a few plays over the last week while waiting for it to arrive. Was not looking forward to Schizoid as you tube sounded very harsh so heres goes.
Sat back and was very very pleasantly surprised with Schizoid could now listen to it and appreciate it for what it is, music has depth seperation clarity I really enjoyed it.
Wind is a masterpiece loved it
Anyone sitting on the fence of wether to get this album its a no brainer excellent 5.1 mix played it in LPCM by the way. Now i want Steve Wilson to revisit all the albums put them on Blu Ray the best format. Gave it a 10 will be one of my most played surround discs along with Abbey Road , Kraftwerk, Aqualung and Yes Fragile and what a surprise they are all up there in the polls, we have great surround music to listen to love this addiction.
10 10 10
Love your review. It appears as if you voted a 6 on the poll!?! Did you mean to cast your vote as a 10, per this review? Peace

Love your review. It appears as if you voted a 6 on the poll!?! Did you mean to cast your vote as a 10, per this review? Peace
It was because of the 1 song that went on forever with nothing happening. Hated putting on the disc and having to skip it. Sold my copy a few weeks ago.

It was because of the 1 song that went on forever with nothing happening. Hated putting on the disc and having to skip it. Sold my copy a few weeks ago.
Are you really saying that you got rid of the disc because of the boring and meandering improvisation on Moonchild? Surely you jest! The four remaining songs - 21st Century Schizoid Man, I Talk To The Wind, Epitaph, and The Court Of The Crimson King - all incredible progressive rock masterpieces by a young band impressively flexing their collective might weren’t enough for you? I’m really having a hard time comprehending your decision, but to each his own.

Are you really saying that you got rid of the disc because of the boring and meandering improvisation on Moonchild? Surely you jest! The four remaining songs - 21st Century Schizoid Man, I Talk To The Wind, Epitaph, and The Court Of The Crimson King - all incredible progressive rock masterpieces by a young band impressively flexing their collective might weren’t enough for you? I’m really having a hard time comprehending your decision, but to each his own.
Exactly and look at the positive getting Ohio Players :Honey, David Sanborn: Time Again and Gordon Goodwins:Big Phat XXL with the money

I guess I don't have the ears that you guys do, because I probably couldn't tell the difference between the 2009 and the 2019 mixes if you had a gun to my head. I've now got the big Complete 1969 Recordings box, and it's a behemoth (like the other Crimson sets). I'd say progressive rock's first LP (if we wanna go there) has finally got its due. A 10.

Went to order this finally and Amazon has a region warning on the product page. I'm assuming this is incorrect and it will playing in the USA. Here is the link....
In The Court Of The Crimson King (50th Anniversary Edition) Sorry! Something went wrong!
One of the reviews addresses this:
"I had no issue with reading the Blu-ray in the USA. I use DVDFab to help read Blu-Rays with my computer and DVD Extractor to rip the audio to FLAC. In addition it plays fine in the Blu-Ray player connected to the TV. It seems there was a lot of misinformation about the region.I was primarily interested in the 5.1 surround versions, 2009 and 2019."

Went to order this finally and Amazon has a region warning on the product page. I'm assuming this is incorrect and it will playing in the USA. Here is the link....
In The Court Of The Crimson King (50th Anniversary Edition) Sorry! Something went wrong!
Amazon has a bad habit of including that warning. I've seen it multiple times on blu-rays that I have ordered and it's always been false. I've even sent them feedback about product misinformation but it never gets any results. A PITA.

Back