King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King 50th anniversary - Christmas 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
There's some talk since yesterday in SHF about the 50th anniversary edition of KC debut album being released this Christmas.
I find it really surprising after the Meltdown release and the vinyl set (and having the Heaven and Earth box in the works too).
Let's see. Maybe it's not too late for announcements still this year though.

It came out in 1969, right? So next year would be the 50th. . . .

(Maybe this Xmas is the announcement!)
That would make some sense. I can't find any rationale about why they would like to advance this release.
If this really happens, most likely Heaven and Earth will be postponed until fall next year. Honestly, having the DVD-A for Court already, the last years box interests me much more

I guess I should listen to the original album. I love the song as Doc Severinsen did an incredible version of it back in 1970, arranged by Don Sebesky. That is the one version that would be in my top three to hear in surround sound.

I suspect it's not totally false. Apparently it began with David Singleton speaking at a King Crimson pre-show thing and he mentioned a Court box for Christmas - didn't say which year, so my guess is it's next fall for the 50th anniversary of the album.

Clarified now by David Singleton:

"Heaven and Earth” has been delayed until next Easter – we are trusting King Crimson fans to dispel the myth that you can only release such sets at Christmas. It cannot be next Christmas, as there is the small matter of a 50th anniversary to honour at the end of next year. I read on a forum that “David said” that the Court of the Crimson King boxed set will be released this Christmas. I did not. I said NEXT Christmas. Christmas 2019!

Back