BluRay Music Video Poll King Crimson - RADICAL ACTION TO UNSEAT THE HOLD OF MONKEY MIND [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of King Crimson - RADICAL ACTION TO UNSEAT THE HOLD OF MONKEY MIND

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2016 release chronicling King Crimson's 2015 World Tour.
The Blu-Ray disc features a video concert that turns into a Pure Audio screen with two clicks of the pop-up menu button on your Blu-Ray player's remote.

R-9020027-1473551441-8832.jpeg.jpg

R-9020027-1473551596-1739.jpeg.jpg

R-9020027-1473551593-9603.jpeg.jpg

R-9020027-1473551599-8093.jpeg.jpg

(n) :) (y)

Very satisfied with this surround sound both PCM and DTS. You can hear more special surround effects with the DTS. And the visuals are more enjoyable than I thought at first. The set-list is very complete, just missiong a couple of tracks from Discipline(y)

Very satisfied with this surround sound both PCM and DTS. You can hear more special surround effects with the DTS. And the visuals are more enjoyable than I thought at first. The set-list is very complete, just missiong a couple of tracks from Discipline(y)

Seriously? They mixed the PCM and DTS surround tracks differently?

Seriously? They mixed the PCM and DTS surround tracks differently?

If you adjust your Blu-Ray player set-up accordingly, some "scratching" noise you hear especially during the drums parts are audible on the DTS track only. But I must have a special player, because I don't know someone who hear this.

Been a while since anyone has posted on this release, but I just got it and it’s an easy 10 for me. That’s based on the Blu-Ray disc only as I have yet to enjoy the CDs.

I chose the PCM 5.1 track and was totally blown away. Great separation and fidelity throughout with simply stupendous musicianship by everyone. I really love the video concept employed here which allows for some very impressive close-ups of every band member without resorting to the annoying quick camera edits prevalent today.

Very surprised at the low number of votes for this incredible offering from Fripp and the Crim boys!!!

Indeed a beautiful box set and worthy of many listens to pick out all those special sonic and musical moments.
On a more sobering note, it is probably worth mentioning that the artist responsible for the striking cover art, Francesca Sundsten, passed away in August last year. She had been responsible for a number of the more modern KC album artwork designs.
And, just as awful, her husband, Bill Rieflin - the 'third drummer' on this brilliant KC tour - died in March this year. Neither of their deaths were as a result of the current Covid-19 pandemic.
Both wonderful talents and gone far too soon - Francesca and Bill were both 59 years old. R.I.P.

A postscript to the message above........
One of Bill's last recordings was from his project band 'The Humans' featuring Toyah and Chris Wong. It's a great 'laid back' version of '21st Century Schizoid Man'' and there is a video available to view on YouTube - youtube.com/watch?v=NZnzzyyfXVQ - I hope that this link works.
The short opening of harp and then the long coda from the same instrument is played by Jessica Gallo, a 'musician' hospital visitor who helped Bill though his long eight-ten year battle with the illness that finally took him away. Tear in the eye time........
But then, lightening the mood, try seeking out some short videos from Toyah and Robert Fripp doing silly things together to brighten up 'Sunday Lunch' during this long lockdown period (all are available on YouTube). They even do a cover / vocal overdub of 'Heroes' by Mr Bowie which RF played on. There's quite a few and are very funny - if you thought that Mr Fripp did not have a sense of humour (or ability to dance...), then think again!!

Surround 8 (2.4)
Audio 9 (2.7)
Content 7 (2.1)
Package 1 (1)
8.2 rounds to 8

As always, they pack a punch in a live setting and you get a ton of music for the price.
I find I like Meltdown better, a better song selection and running order.

This would make a good companion piece for the new documentary as it features the same lineup. good performances. Not a lot coming out of the rears. I like to be positioned in the middle of the band which isn’t how they mixed it. I gave it an 8.

If Meltdown didn't exist, I might rate Monkey a 10. But it does and I prefer Meltdown to Monkey so I give it an 8. Still, a must for fans.

Back