King Records Japan Quad Reels

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any proof this one actually made it out? The only CTI title I've seen on King in CD-4 is Deodato 2- that one pops up from time to time (I snagged a copy on discogs for under $50 earlier this year), but I can't even find a picture or any trace of the Airto album. Anyone have one?

And I still think it's strange they didn't put out Prelude, arguably the biggest album from CTI, in this series. The inside jacket of the CD-4 Deodato 2 shows Prelude available as a stereo-only Japanese LP.

I've got Fingers and Prelude in Q4, but not CD-4

So I'm looking to do a discography post with all of King's quad LP releases, Western and domestic (like my recent Crown post) as a companion to this thread and I've been collecting info about all of them for a few months, but a handful of the domestic Japanese ones that had the 4K prefix have been impossible to find. I wanted to see them first hand because they're almost entirely in Japanese and the artist/title translations to English of them that circulate (which seem to mostly stem from the Sansui QS advertisement/listing on page 35/36 of the 3/30/1974 issue of Billboard) are sometimes incomplete or incorrect. So I'd like to see them so I can transcribe the Japanese kanji verbatim and then translate it myself like I've done with some of the other Japanese discographies I've done.

The ones I'm missing are:

4K-7 Leon Pops Let The Sunshine In
4K-19 Tokyo Boys & Girls Chorus Japanese Songs
4K-23 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-27 Greenwich Strings Top Hit 14 (catalog # may actually be 4K (L)-27)
4K-32 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-33 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-34 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-37 Leon Pops Orchestra Remember Hit Tunes
4K-43 K. Fujika and his Quintette Greatest Screen Themes

I don't think 4K-44 to 4K-50 exist, but I'd love to be proven wrong too.

If anyone has pictures of any of these, I'd be much obliged if you could PM or post here.

Last edited:
TOKYO BOYS & GIRLS CHORUS -Japanese Songs. King 4K-19 (QS) [Japan]

So I'm looking to do a discography post with all of King's quad LP releases, Western and domestic (like my recent Crown post) as a companion to this thread and I've been collecting info about all of them for a few months, but a handful of the domestic Japanese ones that had the 4K prefix have been impossible to find. I wanted to see them first hand because they're almost entirely in Japanese and the artist/title translations to English of them that circulate (which seem to mostly stem from the Sansui QS advertisement/listing on page 35/36 of the 3/30/1974 issue of Billboard) are sometimes incomplete or incorrect. So I'd like to see them so I can transcribe the Japanese kanji verbatim and then translate it myself like I've done with some of the other Japanese discographies I've done.

The ones I'm missing are:

4K-7 Leon Pops Let The Sunshine In
4K-19 Tokyo Boys & Girls Chorus Japanese Songs
4K-23 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-27 Greenwich Strings Top Hit 14 (catalog # may actually be 4K (L)-27)
4K-32 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-33 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-34 Unknown/Unreleased?
4K-37 Leon Pops Orchestra Remember Hit Tunes
4K-43 K. Fujika and his Quintette Greatest Screen Themes

I don't think 4K-44 to 4K-50 exist, but I'd love to be proven wrong too.

If anyone has pictures of any of these, I'd be much obliged if you could PM or post here.

Hi. steelydave

I`ll copy your list and see what I have got in my lot.

Recently found a Japanese auction with some images of the only one of these tapes in this series that we were missing:

4CHD 3 - Takashi Sakai 'Bach Organ Recital' (酒äș•ć€šèł€ćż— 'ăƒăƒƒăƒăƒ»ă‚Șăƒ«ă‚Źăƒłăƒ»ăƒȘă‚”ă‚€ă‚żăƒ«')
4chd-3-bach-organ-recital-0.jpg4chd-3-bach-organ-recital-5.jpg4chd-3-bach-organ-recital-4.jpg4chd-3-bach-organ-recital-2.jpg4chd-3-bach-organ-recital-3.jpg4chd-3-bach-organ-recital-1.jpg

You can find a complete list of tapes in this series in post #23 of this thread.

Back