HiRez Poll Kinobe - VerseBridgeChorus? [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Kinobe - VerseBridgeChorus

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2001 SACD release from Germany. (n):phones(y)

kinobe.jpg

thank you for creating the Poll, Jon :)

this is another disc that seemingly sank without trace, as nobody ever mentions it.

its from the same label that released the Groove Armada SACDs that get all the attention.. this one just didn't seem to get any love at the time!

I really hope now that more QQ members can track it down and enjoy it, as it's got some genuine surround highlights within a fairly mixed bag of an album.

i say mixed because the quality of the the music markedky tails off in quality the last few tracks for me but the surround mix here is absolutely superb, wide open and airy with its fair share of excellent discrete sounds and certainly as good an example of the genre in surround as the Groove Armada SACDs, if not better.

if the content towards the end had been a bit stronger this would be a "9", it's that good.

as it is, its an "8" from me.

if you can find this SACD at all now, do snap it up.

Had my first listen to this tonight and am not sure what make of it at the moment.

The lead vocals on some tracks seem to be emanating from every speaker "almost" simultaneously, they are present on each speaker but don't quite seem to be quite in synch which is most odd and I am not sure it is a good thing.

Seems only to be on the vocals though, nothing else.

I like the music but not quite sure if I like the effect.

Will have to give in more listening time before I vote.

I love this one. Don't quite remember how I found out about it, but I do remember that I bought it off eBay from a guy that lives in Montreal, so I went down the street to pick it up from him in person. :)

Before buying the SACD, I listened to the stereo version of this album numerous times on Grooveshark (fell in love with the track "Summer in the Studio"). When I switched to Surround, I never noticed anything strange with the vocals - it sounds perfectly fine to me. The next time I listen to this album, I will check.

The music is a well-balanced chillout mix, with (I think) half of the tracks being instrumentals, sometimes lengthy ones. Overall, I'd mirror Adam's judgement: while the music trails off into dreamy, unremarkable soundscapes once in a while, it's wonderfully soothing and smooth throughout. Some of the tracks could be stronger, but that hardly detracts from an overall high quality experience.

The sound quality and surround mix are top-notch indeed. A real treat.

For me, the first few listens to this album evoked immediate associations to Morcheeba. If you have any love for those guys, you owe it to yourself to track down this SACD. From me, it's a solid 8 and I very much recommend it.

didn't know where else to put this (sorry mods :eek: ) but there's a NM copy on Discogs right now for £14 (+ shipping)..

..for any QQ-ers in the UK/Europe might be a good way to get it cheapo and still possibly worth it for those of you in the States who are interested as it still sneaks in under £20 quid to the States including international shipping.

(ps. this one's rare and excellent surround.. ;) )

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/323792?ev=rb

this has been a public service announcement on behalf of the monster raving Quadro party :party

didn't know where else to put this (sorry mods :eek: ) but there's a NM copy on Discogs right now for £14 (+ shipping)..

..for any QQ-ers in the UK/Europe might be a good way to get it cheapo and still possibly worth it for those of you in the States who are interested as it still sneaks in under £20 quid to the States including international shipping.

(ps. this one's rare and excellent surround.. ;) )

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/323792?ev=rb

this has been a public service announcement on behalf of the monster raving Quadro party :party

You tell 'em, Adam! :-D

I fully endorse this gentleman's endorsement. If you guys like Morcheeba and chillout/loungy music, the Kinobe disc is a no-brainer.

You tell 'em, Adam! :-D

I fully endorse this gentleman's endorsement. If you guys like Morcheeba and chillout/loungy music, the Kinobe disc is a no-brainer.

stuff like Morcheeba's Big Calm & Fragments Of Freedom are among the Stereo things I've been meaning to run thru the Involve mode of the Surround Master since I got it,, and I am curious as to how things like Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain & Black Cherry, some Royksopp, that kinda kershizzle might turn out.. be something fun to do over the Xmas hols, chill out with a snowball and a turkey drumstick while tinkering with the SM :D

It would appear now to be sold on discogs? If so snapped up quick.

so it does.. that's the power of QQ! :upthumb
(at least it went to a good home I guess, preferably of a member here rather than a lurker but still.. chances are whoever bought it bought it for the surround which can only ever be a good thing! :D )

Back