Kiss Creatures Of The Night (40th Anniversary Super Deluxe) Atmos and 5.1 mixes out in November

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creatures was probably picked and priced because they don't have to pay Ace and Peter.
If in doubt,follow the money..especially with Kiss
I would think the biggest money would come from the era with Ace and Peter, even if they have to pay the guys. (And wouldn’t Ace be due at least some money from Creatures?)

I don’t think there’s much doubt that Kiss will eventually do something with the earlier albums just like they did with Destroyer. I tend to think Creatures was chosen for reasons other than sticking it to Ace and Peter.

With 2024 being the 50th anniversary of the first Kiss album, I think we’ll see a steady of flow of Paul/Gene/Ace/Peter box sets starting next year.

Last edited:
I would think the biggest money would come from the era with Ace and Peter, even if they have to pay the guys. (And wouldn’t Ace be due at least some money from Creatures?)

I don’t think there’s much doubt that Kiss will eventually do something with the earlier albums just like they did with Destroyer. I tend to think Creatures was chosen for reasons other than sticking it to Ace and Peter.

With 2024 being the 50th anniversary of the first Kiss album, I think we’ll see a steady of flow of Paul/Gene/Ace/Peter box sets starting next year.
Nope,two is a bigger split than 4 and when you can dick over the other guys that need the money more...ah well that's Yahtzee in the ego games those guys like to play with each other.I just hope they tith Alice Cooper a decent amount of money.Really B league band that through a cartoony image gained an insane following.Yeah I liked em and saw them on the Dynasty tour when I was 7 but by the time I was a teenager I saw how godawful cheesy and musically vapid it was and haven't been interested in them since tbh.

I always felt that Creatures of the Night was one of KISS' best albums. They were clearly re-energized after the misguided flop that was The Elder (as much as I love a good bit of the material on that one).
I listened to the 5.1 mix yesterday and was disappointed all around. As has been noted here, the signal is so quiet that I had to turn my receiver up to max to get it at a comfortable volume, and even then it wasn't loud enough for this album. The signal just sounded weak at such a low level anyway. From what I could hear of the mix, that in itself is immensely disappointing. The most memorable thing about the recording of the drums on this album is the massive reverberated sound which was said to be done by mic'ing the drums in all sorts of places, including an elevator shaft (!). I'd be shocked if that late in the game the drums were mixed down to two or three tracks only with the original tracks wiped, but whatever was available on the multitracks, the drum sound is actually weaker on this mix than I ever remember it being on the original mix or the remix that was originally done for CD. The rears are mostly only used for reverb and a few effects just making this a totally missed opportunity. Admittedly I got the box at about half the retail price, but I can't imagine ever playing the surround mix again.

I know, it's surprising to be let down by KISS, right?

Grabbed "Creatures of the night" bluray audio two days ago and today "Destroyer". Just bought the blurays from a seller on Wallapop (kind of Spanish Ebay) as he was selling the boxes by pieces.
On the negative side, a bit expensive (78,33€ each, 70€ + shipping and insurance) but I saved money (the 2 boxes would have been a minimum of 300-350€) and spsce st home.
Very happy with them!!!

Back