KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 8.41.23 AM.png

Celebrating its 45 anniversary, Destroyer was originally released in 1976 and is considered to be one of the quintessential KISS albums. It is the band’s first album to sell one million copies in its first year and holds the title of being their all-time best selling studio album.

Packed with concert staples and KISS Army favorites including “Detroit Rock City,” “Shout It Out Loud,” “God Of Thunder” and “Beth,” on November 19, 2021 UMe will release KISS – Destroyer 45th in the form of a Super Deluxe 4-CD + Blu-ray Audio box set as well as on standard double black vinyl and limited edition yellow and red double colored vinyl, 2-CD set, and digital.

For the recording of Destroyer, Bob Ezrin was brought in as KISS’s new producer, helping the band reach new levels, both sonically and creatively. The album also showed the band’s growth as musicians and songwriters, experimenting with new sounds which came in the form of the softer side of songs like “Do You Love Me?,” and songs heavy with orchestral arrangements including “Great Expectations” and their Billboard No. 7 hit single “Beth.” Following the breakthrough success of 1975’s No. 9 Billboard charting Alive!, Destroyer was the KISS album that brought them to the forefront of the mainstream and transformed them into global rock icons. For its anniversary, UMe celebrates this seminal album’s legacy with a staggering amount of bonus material.

CD 1 includes the original album newly remastered at Abbey Road Mastering, while CD 2 features 15 demos from Paul Stanley’s and Gene Simmons’s personal archives – 9 of which are unreleased. CD 3 is packed with studio outtakes, alternate versions / mixes and single edits – most notably a brand-new stripped-down mix for “Beth (Acoustic Mix),” and CD 4 contains an electrifying performance from the band’s visit to Paris France at the L’ Olympia on May 22, 1976. For the Blu-ray Audio disc, Steven Wilson was brought in to create a first-ever Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround mix of the original studio album plus 2 bonus tracks “Beth (Acoustic Mix)” and “Sweet Pain (Original Guitar Solo)” the latter featuring Ace Frehley’s original recorded guitar solo that was not released on the studio album (this track is available on the 2012 Destroyer: Resurrected project.)

Additionally, the Super Deluxe box features an extravagant array of collectable KISS memorabilia and ephemera, including a complete recreation of the original KISS Army Kit with the original folder and following items: KISS Army newsletter Volume 1 – No 2 announcing Destroyer ; 2x 8”x10” Destroyer Press Photos; Discography Sheet; Gene, Paul, Ace & Peter Bio Sheet; KISS Army Member Certificate and a KISS Army Membership Card

Also included in the Super Deluxe set are: KISS logo Iron-on; KISS Army Sticker; “Detroit Rock City” Bumper Sticker; Destroyer Cover Sticker; 11”x17” KISS on Westminster Bridge UK Poster; 4 brand new 8”x10” Band Member Photos; 8”x12” Destroyer Foil Flyer ; 8”x12” Destroyer Canadian Flyer (super rare); 4x Band Member Trading Cards (newly created for this boxset); 16”x24” KISS Over New York Skyline Poster; 16”x24” KISS Halloween 1976 Concert Poster; 2x 9”x12” Destroyer Tour Stage Blueprints on Transparent Vellum (never been seen before); 16-page Destroyer 1976 Tour Program and Gotham Rock City News Volume 1 Newspaper that is a track-by-track interview with all 4 band members, Bob Ezrin and crew.

Also included is a 68-page hardcover book with extensive liner notes by Paul Elliott & Ken Sharp featuring interviews from Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter, then-manager Bill Aucoin, album producer Bob Ezrin, and many more about the album’s writing and production process, U.S. and European tours, photo shoots, promotional stories, band member memories from their TV appearance on The Paul Lynde Halloween Special, and an intoxicating amount of unreleased photos and imagery

The entire contents are housed in a lift top- style box and features artist Ken Kelly’s original Destroyer cover art, arguably one of the most iconic album covers in rock, making this the ultimate KISS Destroyer souvenir.

KISS is America’s #1 Gold Record Award winning group of all time in every category and have sold over 100 million records worldwide. Peerless as a live act, the band’s illustrious legacy is marked by record breaking global tours. Now, after an astonishing 48-year career, KISS – Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer – are currently in the midst of their ‘End Of The Road’ tour.

SUPER DELUXE TRACK LIST:

DISC ONE: DESTROYER: Original Album Remastered
“Detroit Rock City”
“King of The Night Time World”
“God of Thunder”
“Great Expectations”
“Flaming Youth”
“Sweet Pain”
“Shout It Out Loud”
“Beth”
“Do You Love Me?”

DISC TWO: DESTROYER-ERA: Demos
PAUL STANLEY DEMOS
“Doncha Hesitate”
“God Of Thunder And Rock And Roll”
“It’s The Fire”
“Detroit Rock City”
“Love Is Alright”

GENE SIMMONS DEMOS
“Bad, Bad Lovin’”
“Man Of A Thousand Faces”
“I Don’t Want No Romance”
“Burnin’ Up With Fever”
“Rock N’ Rolls Royce”
“Mad Dog”
“Night Boy”
“Star”
“Howlin’ For Your Love”
“True Confessions”

DISC THREE:
DESTROYER: Outtakes, Alternate Versions / Mixes, Single Edits
“Beth (Acoustic Mix)”
“Shout It Out Loud” (Single Edit)
“Flaming Youth” (Single Edit)
“Detroit Rock City” (Single Edit)
“Shout It Out Loud” (Mono Single Edit)
“Flaming Youth” (Mono Single Edit)
“Detroit Rock City” (Mono Single Edit)
“Beth” (Mono)
“King Of The Night Time World” (Live Rehearsal Instrumental)
“Do You Love Me?” (Mono Instrumental)
“God Of Thunder” (Early Instrumental Mix)
“Ain’t None Of Your Business” (Instrumental)
“Detroit Rock City” (Instrumental)
“King Of The Night Time World” (Alternate Mix)
“Great Expectations” (Early Version)
“Flaming Youth” (Early Version)
“Do You Love Me?” (Early Version)
“Shout It Out Loud” (Alternate Mix)
“Ain’t None Of Your Business” (Outtake)
“Beth” (Take 6 – Instrumental)
“Beth” (Instrumental)
“Do You Love Me?” (Alternate Mix)

DISC FOUR: LIVE IN PARIS – L’Olympia – 22 May, 1976
“Deuce”
“Strutter”
“Flaming Youth”
“Hotter Than Hell”
“Firehouse”
“She / Ace Frehley Guitar Solo”
“Nothin’ To Lose”
“Shout It Out Loud / Gene Simmons Bass Solo”
“100,000 Years / Peter Criss Drum Solo”
“Black Diamond”
“Detroit Rock City”
“Rock and Roll All Nite”

BLU-RAY AUDIO:
DESTROYER: *Dolby Atmos 48kHz 24-bit, *Dolby True HD 5.1 96kHz 24-bit,
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 96kHz 24-bit, PCM Stereo 96kHz 24-bit
“Detroit Rock City”
“King Of The Night Time World”
“God Of Thunder”
“Great Expectations”
“Flaming Youth”
“Sweet Pain”
“Shout It Out Loud”
“Beth”
“Do You Love Me?”

Bonus Tracks:
“Beth2 (Acoustic)
“Sweet Pain” (Original Guitar Solo)

Wow! I guess this is one of the projects he teased months ago that's "far from the world of progressive rock". Never would've guessed he's a fan. "Detroit Rock City" should sound pretty cool in surround.

Was just about to post that......I'm a LOT less excited about it now.

I'm confident the price will eventually drop like it always does with these mega sets - GnR's Appetite For Destruction SDE ended up going for $40-50 just six months or so after the initial release.

Exciting news. I might bite. Maybe Importcds, Deep Discount and Amazon will sell it for less than the suggested retail price. Cool album, but I'd rather have the first and Rock and Roll Over in 5.1. But, I'll take what I can get in these trying times.

Reactions: GOS
Wow. This could be awesome but I will never know unless they can get this closer to $99. Five discs for $200 is just waaay too much. I do like this career defining album, it was one of the core albums of my early teen years. But $200.... who do they think they are, The Beatles? :)

Back