KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. This could be awesome but I will never know unless they can get this closer to $99. Five discs for $200 is just waaay too much. I do like this career defining album, it was one of the core albums of my early teen years. But $200.... who do they think they are, The Beatles? :)
If it were just the 4 discs and Blu Ray without all the other BS it would be under $100 but Gene and his MARKETING MACHINE is just so GREEDY

Last edited:
If it were just the 4 discs and Blu Ray without all the other BS it would be under $100 but Gene and his MARKETING MACHINE is just so GREEDY
Yeah, Simmons is the ultimate shill/huckster. I have no interest in any of the "extra" crap. I know that is there for the die-hard Kiss fan that, most likely, could not care less about the 5.1 mix. We are on the wrong side of the demographic for this release. Maybe we will get lucky and they will drop it significantly. Just get me close to that magic $99.

Well in 1976 when this was released I was 18-19 (hair half way down my back), and :eek: I saw Kiss as a bunch of make-up wearing tw*ts, playing 'cod' rock!!

Roll-on 33 years, its 2009, I'm 52 (no hair left), and I hear a track on Planet Rock (UK DAB radio station) I think this is a bit of good hard rock, wonder who it is?

Look on the radio LCD panel and .....
....................... yes it was Kiss, I went out and bought the 'Sonic Boom' album, which also came with a brilliant Bonus album of Kiss 'Klassics'.

So I got hooked on Kiss a bit late :LOL:
I won't pay £200 for it, the price will need to be quite a bit lower, if it is available as a CD/BD combo I'll definitely get it.

well, the $200 price tag sounds just right (for Kiss super fans, which I WAS back then) and all the extra shit I totally understand cause it's KISS...
Now , of course, having loved them, hated them butstilladmiring them for their persistence regarding giving you a how that's deifinitely worth your money, this DEFINITELY comes out of left field...
No, I do NOT have basically ANY money now but if I did , I'd wait for the price to go down.
Hopefully things will get better and I WILL have the dough and , even though Destroyer is not on my top ten list of Kiss albums (yes, I am a MaryMaryquitecontrary), having a SW mix of this is a welcome surprise.
(only time I saw them was in the REUNION tour in Madrid in June 1997 and I loved it, ISTILL have the LPs I bought back in the 70s and STILL admire them...yes, Chiam might ba an ASSHOLE but at least HE knows it)

Is the live '76 disc any good? Ever been booted or known as a hot set?

This is great news that SW has branched out to a hard rock act, and A-List seller. Not my favorite KISS album but it's a good direction to be going in.

Sorry. I can't imagine being in a room surrounded by them. The better the SW mix, the more I'd be terrified. :) Met Gene once at the Roxy. I think he even scared Minnie Driver away that night. Arrogant F**k. Okay, so I was never a fan. It was always so obviously about money. Hell, they brought in Bob Ezrin who could make anyone look good back then and of course he got them their biggest charting album. I wish they would call me and say, "We'll give you $200 to take the album", so I could say: Nah... I can't afford it. :) No judgement on anyone here. I used to sing along to Sugar Sugar when I was young.

R.1709735053bb35edfec7cd9fef7e9553

KISS DESTROYER

Back