KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO I would have loved them to do KISS ALIVE!! as their 1st SDE since in my opinion it is the best representation of themselves before they became SUPERSTARS in their own right!! I’m sure that with the technology that exists in this day and age, the sound quality could be very much enhanced and I’m pretty sure Eddie Kramer still has the masters to do the trick, even if someone else would remix/eq it. Eddie didn’t do an exemplary job with the Hendrix box set, so let someone else take the helm as they say. Enough said and May EVERYONE HERE AT QQ HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!! See you all on the other side😁
Doesn't that album have so much post-processing that it's more studio than live? Somewhere in the past, I remember reading a less than complimentary review of Kiss Alive that panned it for that reason.

Doesn't that album have so much post-processing that it's more studio than live? Somewhere in the past, I remember reading a less than complimentary review of Kiss Alive that panned it for that reason.
Yes I’m sure you did as well as I😂. But I still believe that regardless how processed it is/was that it is still my favorite KISS album of all time. So being that processed way back then even before the digital age I just BET they could do a SUPERVISOR multi-channel mix/upgrade what have you, for the UBER DELUXE EDITION!!

(now for a chuckle)

Including having KISS playing holographically in your living room!!

(Paul & Gene if you try something like that…you owe me😂😂!!)

Yes I’m sure you did as well as I😂. But I still believe that regardless how processed it is/was that it is still my favorite KISS album of all time. So being that processed way back then even before the digital age I just BET they could do a SUPERVISOR multi-channel mix/upgrade what have you, for the UBER DELUXE EDITION!!

(now for a chuckle)

Including having KISS playing holographically in your living room!!

(Paul & Gene if you try something like that…you owe me😂😂!!)
I'll say this: the set list on Alive can't get any better. The first three albums are Kiss at their peak. After that, I lost interest.

I'll say this: the set list on Alive can't get any better. The first three albums are Kiss at their peak. After that, I lost interest.
I agree….even though the 1st 3 lps sounded shitty as I had the 3 LP set called The Originals….once Bob Ezrin who is a family friend got hold of them…totally took the edge off them, which in my opinion worked against them for the most part, even though they became HUGE with Destroyer and with their disco Lp Dynasty.

Their shows got bigger and better though and the reunion tour was soooo much fun. What a great show that was.

As Frank Zappa used to say Americans for the most part don’t dig good music or something along those lines.

I agree….even though the 1st 3 lps sounded shitty as I had the 3 LP set called The Originals….once Bob Ezrin who is a family friend got hold of them…totally took the edge off them, which in my opinion worked against them for the most part, even though they became HUGE with Destroyer and with their disco Lp Dynasty.

Their shows got bigger and better though and the reunion tour was soooo much fun. What a great show that was.

As Frank Zappa used to say Americans for the most part don’t dig good music or something along those lines.
I agree also. I like the first three and "Alive". I like Destroyer to a point and tried so hard to stay with them through "Rock And Roll Over" and "Love Gun" but I had a hard time listening to those more than one or two times and lost interest.

I thought all their albums up to and including Alive 2 were very good. Then they put out the silly solo albums, Following those up with Dynasty was the final straw. The only post Dynasty album that I thought was pretty decent was Revenge (and the Unplugged album of course), although honestly, I can't say I've even listened to many of the post Dynasty albums.

I haven't seen them since 1980 so I am sure their shows have gotten more elaborate (everyone else's have).

I don't think we should be looking to Zappa to determine "good music". He was brilliant, he was a good musician, and he was intelligent, but his music was so inaccessible that to define it as "good music" would mean that pretty much all the accessible music ever written must be "crap".

I have the '97 remasters, and they don't sound much better than the originals. Never knew Ezrin did anything with the early albums.

Hoping this will eventually be available somewhere at a reduced price. In the meantime I can listen to the Dolby Atmos via Apple Music.

Wow….only 3 votes total!! And 1 review about 1 song😂😂😂😂. I certainly see where this is going one day….in the record company’s delete bin at 75% off…..will probably be what happens to RUSH’s MOOOVING PICUTURES, because the COWS at RUSH’s record company, just DONT GET IT!!!

Either that or the QQ’ers who bought it are embarrassed to admit it

I also guess thats why when you type KISS into the SURROUND POLL search, NOTHING comes up😀

Last edited:
I also guess thats why when you type KISS into the SURROUND POLL search, NOTHING comes up😀

Let me help you out there, my friend.
This is a trick that everybody who uses the polls should learn, but it's not obvious.
It took a mention it in a thread before I got wise to it, after fruitless searches for releases I knew existed.

It's simply to use the Poll Index tab on the far right.
That's where you will see for certain if a poll has been started, no matter how many votes have been recorded.
Try it, you'll like it.

One thousand seven hundred and sixty-seven polls started, and counting.
Maximum respect and thanks to our volunteer moderators.

QuadraphonicQuad Poll Index of all Surround Spotlight Polls

This is an Index of all individual polls that exist within the forum.
(It is not limited by minimum vote numbers)

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 12.53.33 AM.png

Wow….only 3 votes total!! And 1 review about 1 song😂😂😂😂. I certainly see where this is going one day….in the record company’s delete bin at 75% off…..will probably be what happens to RUSH’s MOOOVING PICUTURES, because the COWS at RUSH’s record company, just DONT GET IT!!!

Either that or the QQ’ers who bought it are embarrassed to admit it

I don't think you will ever see this in the bargain bins. I bet this sold just fine, as there are MANY MANY die-hard Kiss junkies out there that would swoop this box up, even at the list price, for all the swag within. And probably 99% of them have neither the setup nor the interest in the Atmos mix.

That being said, there are user reviews of the Atmos mix out there, both within this thread and over at the Steve Hoffman site, you will just have to dig for them. Or, of course, you can listen for yourself on Apple Music.

Back