Steven Wilson KISS "Destroyer" (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I've since heard the actual 5.1 mix and it's completely different - main guitars in "Detroit Rock City" are in the front channels, with some cool isolated piano in the rears.
See, this is the kind of thing that bugs me about the streaming thing. How do you know who futzed with the stream? And why?

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
See, this is the kind of thing that bugs me about the streaming thing. How do you know who futzed with the stream? And why?
It's not a mistake, the 5.1 & Atmos mixes were approached differently. There are some noticeable differences between the 5.1 & Atmos versions of SW's last solo album as well - some parts that were static on the 5.1 spin around the room on the Atmos.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It's not a mistake, the 5.1 & Atmos mixes were approached differently. There are some noticeable differences between the 5.1 & Atmos versions of SW's last solo album as well - some parts that were static on the 5.1 spin around the room on the Atmos.
OK, I thought you were comparing two dedicated 5.1 mixes. my bad.

himey

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I've had something similar happen before with Amazon. Ordered a mattress that wasn't delivered when they said it was delivered so I filed a complaint. They sent another one at no cost. About a week later, the original order showed up. The box was all beat to hell, but the mattress inside it was fine.
Exactly the same thing happened to me with a hard drive I purchased. The original package looked like it had been kicked around the globe for nearly a month.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

still trying to find an UNBIASED/IN DEPTH/PROFESSIONAL review of the BR Disc by a decent music magazine or review site, don’t you think that one gets posted on the net by now?!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I've just discovered amazon.com will export to the UK but it'll be £180-£190 with tax added! Not worth it for that amount.
IMO, not worth it, Dunc, for an album which runs 34.03 in duration. A cryin' shame Universal doesn't release it as a stand alone BD~A! Boooooo! You can utilize that money saved for a night on the town with fredblue and young buck, Master Smithers! NO GNOMES ALLOWED!

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
IMO, not worth it, Dunc, for an album which runs 34.03 in duration. A cryin' shame Universal doesn't release it as a stand alone BD~A! Boooooo! You can utilize that money saved for a night on the town with fredblue and Mr. Smithers!
I got lucky got 2x for the price of 1😁, because Amazon FK’ed UP

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Is there a poll for this? I don't see it even in the search function. Don't see the one for Santana 3 either.

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
WELL, WELL,WELL only 2 votes so far on KISS DESTROYER 45th……as they say BOMBS AWAY!!! Do I hear $50 per box set coming around the corner sometime soon?😂😂😂

Bill B

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
WELL, WELL,WELL only 2 votes so far on KISS DESTROYER 45th……as they say BOMBS AWAY!!! Do I hear $50 per box set coming around the corner sometime soon?😂😂😂
I've been checking every day on Amazon. The price hasn't budged. I think it speaks volumes that there are only 2 votes. They have priced it so high that the people who care most about multi-channel mixes aren't willing to buy it.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Funny how those Alan Parson Projects stand alone BD~As sold for UNDER $20 and I'm sure sold a bundle. Shows how absolute GREED can put the kibosh even on a much anticipated Steve Wilson remix!