KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell from the way it is listed, but I think that this version is in multi-channel on the BR
For the new acoustic mix of "Beth", the original recorded acoustic guitar track was taken from the analog multi-tracks and has now been fully restored and mixed with the original piano, vocal and synthesizer tracks

It’s a bit on the pricey side. However, if this was, say, a Cheap Trick Box set of “In Color,” it would be an authentic buy. So, I get it.

If I buy this, I’ll wait until about Christmas (or January), for any sales. One could see a bunch of KISS fans buying this as a collector’s item, unaware of the surround. And since folks will buy for the new mix, hopefully they’ll make enough so everyone can get one at a reasonable price.

They need to go sub $50 for me...
Agreed, G'nR Appetite fire sale price and I'm in!!

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 6.43.50 PM.png

Didn't SW remix Made in Japan and it's just rotting?!
Probably gonna show up on Apple Music any day now!!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I wonder how that would sound, if SW would do a 4-corner quad with a center anchor on a live album? I know he would not simply do an ambiance in the rears type mix. But what would he do?

I wonder how that would sound, if SW would do a 4-corner quad with a center anchor on a live album? I know he would not simply do an ambiance in the rears type mix. But what would he do?
Why wouldn’t he do an audience/ambiance mix? That they way 99.999% of people hear live music.

Live music mixes with discrete instruments in the rears sound silly IMO.

Why wouldn’t he do an audience/ambiance mix? That they way 99.999% of people hear live music.

Live music mixes with discrete instruments in the rears sound silly IMO.
That’s what they said about classical recordings as well.

Listen to ABB Fillmore East if you have yet to hear it.

Because he’s Steven Wilson and has his own way of doing things.

Unless the show was done multi-channel I agree
What do you mean by “the show was done multi-channel”? Do you mean it had a quad sound system and was utilized as such? Very, very few groups did this - and I highly doubt Deep Purple was one of them. But I could be wrong.

I guess if a band’s music or live performances lend themselves to a discrete quad/surround mix, I suppose it might not be awful. But a band like Deep Purple and the album Made In Japan doesn’t, IMO.

Back