Kobe passing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Often, when things that impact us happen....we don't know where to talk about them. This is a music board, but it's also a place for friends to hang out and talk about things that are important to us.

As Sean mentioned on another thread, Kobe was killed in a helicopter crash earlier today. Good lord, what a shocking, surreal thing.

For those of us who LOVE sports, this is a big deal. I'm 57, and I'm in the MJ camp. I always struggled when my kids would constantly tell me Kobe was better than MJ.

But, please, let's not go there. Kobe was a monster athlete, and so important to the growth of NBA, and even more, he was simply a force in all aspects of his life. Because of that, I am stunned. I'm pretty sure he had a LOT of things to accomplish and I have no doubt he would have been a force in the NBA, whether a coach, or ambassador, or whatever.

I'm shocked and saddened. I don't do any other social media, so this is my way of expressing my sadness. :(

Often, when things that impact us happen....we don't know where to talk about them. This is a music board, but it's also a place for friends to hang out and talk about things that are important to us.

As Sean mentioned on another thread, Kobe was killed in a helicopter crash earlier today. Good lord, what a shocking, surreal thing.

For those of us who LOVE sports, this is a big deal. I'm 57, and I'm in the MJ camp. I always struggled when my kids would constantly tell me Kobe was better than MJ.

But, please, let's not go there. Kobe was a monster athlete, and so important to the growth of NBA, and even more, he was simply a force in all aspects of his life. Because of that, I am stunned. I'm pretty sure he had a LOT of things to accomplish and I have no doubt he would have been a force in the NBA, whether a coach, or ambassador, or whatever.

I'm shocked and saddened. I don't do any other social media, so this is my way of expressing my sadness. :(

And also sad is the fact that 7 other passengers besides Kobe and his daughter GiGi perished as well. Nine in ALL! :(

During the Shaq, Kobe & Phil years, living in Los Angeles, I watched almost every game from my living room, cheering, jumping around, yelling... generally driving my family mad! Then I watched ESPN later to hear Phil Jackson's words of Zen, and listened to ESPN to and from work. Playoffs every year, parades many years... Those were great times, and while Kobe wasn't perfect (who is), he was a driven, inspired athlete. I remember shaking my head in disbelief as he walked up to the free-throw line with a torn achilles tendon and made his shots before walking off the court. When Kobe retired, I stopped watching NBA games. What a terrible loss.

His work ethic will always be something to emulate.
Peace to Kobe, his daughter and her friends, the family members and the pilot.

The Washington Post "suspended" a reporter for tweeting a similar article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...er-kobe-bryant-rape-allegation-tweet-n1124031
WTF, it's part of his legacy, can't act like it never happened. Even if you don't believe he was guilty he still settled out of court and that is part of his legacy.

Oh wait, Bill Cosby syndrome, got it :rolleyes:

My Mom was born in Philly. Kobe was born in Philly.

Just gonna say I know more about that than 1/50th of you in the States. How could you deny that statistically?

Last edited:
Sad, very bad decisions were made by more then one person that cost people there lives.

Did this guy release an album or something? This is the 2nd music related forum I've seen this pop up in. Sports stars making a pop album attempt has been a thing for a long time (for your awkward amusement). I'm not a sports fan in any way but I understand this guy was very accomplished. I thought being a rapist and misogynist overshadowed that. It does to me anyway. If he did release something... maybe let's forget it and not even post a link. RIP to any innocents involved.

"Often, when things that impact us happen....we don't know where to talk about them. This is a music board, but it's also a place for friends to hang out and talk about things that are important to us,"

So, that's it? Just like that, that's what this forum is, because you say so? I was under the impression that the way we kept things from going off the rails was to keep things about music and music related. You seem like a nice guy, Gene but I think you're wrong here...

Back