Kodi (Android) Queue item (second) fail with multichannel audio?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabl

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
If anybody here is using Kodi Android on a box like an Nvidia Shield TV to play multichannel audio and is/is interested in testing v20 Nexus perhaps you could confirm/deny my experience.

I've discovered what I believe may be a regression in V20 Nexus from v19 Matrix where using 'Queue item' a second time with multichannel audio results in a crash on v20 Nexus where on v19 Matrix this operation succeeds.

I haven't tested on Windows yet as my Nvidia Shield TV is my primary playback device.

To test reproduce browse for a folder of multichannel files and use 'Queue item' to play, then while the first file continues to play, browse to a different folder multichannel files of same type and use 'Queue item' on those.

For me on v20 Nexus Beta 1 it crashes while on v19.4 Matrix it succeeds.

Tested file types are FLAC, E-AC-3 JOC (Atmos) .m4a and Dolby TrueHD (Atmos) .mka

Also posted here and here

Last edited:
Good pickup. I’m sure this will be fixed prior to final Kodi 20 release. Much quicker to get fixes when in beta than post official release. (Kodi 20 beta 1 is still not officially released, you grabbed a nightly build that’s not quite beta 1 :)).

Good pickup. I’m sure this will be fixed prior to final Kodi 20 release. Much quicker to get fixes when in beta than post official release. (Kodi 20 beta 1 is still not officially released, you grabbed a nightly build that’s not quite beta 1 :)).
Thanks, yeah so far so good a dev responded he will look at this weekend which is great.

From my link, notice that is from the 'releases' directory versus the 'nightlies' so even though it strangely still hasn't been officially announced I believe that is in fact the released v20 Nexus Beta 1.

Looks like you nabbed what is intended to be the official Beta1 release.

I’ll update my Kodi 20 nightly build to Beta 1 when LibreElec is updated in next day or so. It’s been running well but I use an iPad app for playlists and have noticed any issues in 20.

The good news is this was apparently an easy fix and all is working again now in the v20 Nexus build they asked me to test.

Back