Kodi: How to Install & Configure on Windows

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible without too much trouble to change the aspect ratio of the music widget thumbnails? They are stretched to fit within a movie poster, rather than the standard album cover.

Can you provide a screen grab? I’ve not noticed any issues, maybe it’s a widget I don’t use.

Can you provide a screen grab? I’ve not noticed any issues, maybe it’s a widget I don’t use.
screenshot00001.png

Thanks for this. As soon as this lunatic storm passes Florida I shall give this a try on my aging HTPC.
Any likely problems running on a Z68 mobo w/i3 cpu, Windows Home x64?
The drivers are ancient but the Windows install is stable.
I currently bitstream via an old HD6850 video card to my AVR but might could shoehorn in one of my 7950's or at worst my little 1050TI.

Is it possible without too much trouble to change the aspect ratio of the music widget thumbnails?

I‘ve has a look at the skin xml files but I’m not sure how the widgets are called or which files need to be edited.

It just needs the aspect ratio tag changed to use the ’keep’ value based on this Kodi wiki info:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Aspect_Ratio
If you are up to it just edit the the widget and (probably) variables xml files and change to ‘keep’ where the value currently is ‘stretch’. That should resolve the issue. Remember Kodi need to reload the skin after an edit to see changes.

@HomerJAU
Under the Widgets are an Art option for poster, square poster and fanart. Simply switched to square poster and all is well.

Last edited:
@HomerJAU. I cannot get the Kodi remote to find my host. When I try to select the option to 'Announce services to other systems' it comes up with this error message and does not input the switch mechanism:

Attachments

• tempImagebPomrc.png
    tempImagebPomrc.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Looking at you screen grab you need to install Apple Bonjour on your Kodi device and you need to give the device a name too I think.

You only need the Kodi device IP Address although the kodi Remote app will find it automatically once you have Bonjour installed. You’ll need to enter a user name and password in the Remote App that you set on your kodi device.

How do I add this install? I looked at the add-on menu snd could not find…

Its not a Kodi add-on it’s an Apple program. Search for it in Google, download and install it for your operating system.

Back