Kodi: How to Install & Configure on Windows

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a Kodi add-on it’s an Apple program. Search for it in Google, download and install it for your operating system.

That did the trick. Thanks!

Next problem is that the skin is not displaying the disc art - despite the album folder containing the respective cdart.png and/or disc.png file therein. Can’t work out whatis causing this?

That did the trick. Thanks!

Next problem is that the skin is not displaying the disc art - despite the album folder containing the respective cdart.png and/or disc.png file therein. Can’t work out whatis causing this?

Try naming it "folder" and/or use a jpg.

In my experience, Kodi does not recognize .png files. Maybe that has changed over time.

@woody

From Kodi 18 onwards the disc image name must be either discart.png or discart.jpg. Any resolution but I usually try and use 1000px at minimum.

Everything working fine now apart from the album source mod not displaying logo's.

Folders of albums have surround media type in brackets- algning with naming conventions.

I can’t get on my PC now but this is it from memory:

FOR WINDOWS:
Kodi is in the current users folder (usually C: drive):

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\aeon nox silvo\media

Would be the folder to create the QQ logo folder, then copy the image files in there.

NOTE: You may need to check 'Hidden Items' in the Windows Explorer Details tab to see these folders

I can’t get on my PC now but this is it from memory:

FOR WINDOWS:
Kodi is in the current users folder (usually C: drive):

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\aeon nox silvo\media

Would be the folder to create the QQ logo folder, then copy the image files in there.

NOTE: You may need to check 'Hidden Items' in the Windows Explorer Details tab to see these folders

Thanks. Does the folder name have to be specific? I tried labelling it 'Logos' and 'QQLogoCodec' and rebooted on both occasions with no success. I copied the logo's from the post you inserted in message #51 and placed them directly into this folder in jpg format. Maybe they need to be .png?

Newly Kodi-curious here ("convert" would be too strong a word, though after being shown the possibility of ignoring Kodi's "Library" and using its file explorer instead, I'm much more likely to sing its praises than I used to be!), and full o' questions that I haven't found answers to in the online forums I've searched.

I'm not sure I need all the snazzy features of the modded skin that @HomerJAU is using--I'm happy with very basic playback info for now--although if anyone knows of easy ways to tweak what I currently on my playback-from-files window (see below), I'd be all ears. I like being able to see the entire album playlist, and the small artwork on the sidebar is fine, but I wouldn't mind adding a track position slider with current time:total time--things like that. If the answer is to tag my tracks and use the library, then I'm not saying I won't rule that out eventually....

More urgent: I found the setting that lets me set my open location at Kodi startup (I've been alternating between "Music" and "Files"; haven't come to a final decision there), but I'm wondering if there's a setting that lets you open on the screen that was last displayed when you closed. So, for instance: if I was playing this Aoife O'Donovan album when I closed Kodi, how can I have it display on-screen again, ready to play, when I next open Kodi, so that I don't have to go find it in my file structure again?

Aoife.JPG

Just from memory, but I think if you push your mouse all the way over to the left-hand side, a menu bar will pop out and somewhere toward the bottom there will be an icon that looks like four arrows (up down left right) and if you click on that it'll take you to the 'now playing' screen which has the progress bar, etc.

When you're in the 'Now Playing' screen, if you right click once or twice it'll take you back to the screen you were at previously, ie. the one screenshotted above.

Just from memory, but I think if you push your mouse all the way over to the left-hand side, a menu bar will pop out and somewhere toward the bottom there will be an icon that looks like four arrows (up down left right) and if you click on that it'll take you to the 'now playing' screen which has the progress bar, etc.

When you're in the 'Now Playing' screen, if you right click once or twice it'll take you back to the screen you were at previously, ie. the one screenshotted above.
"Sideblade"! Got it--thanks. Still learning Kodi's hieroglyphics. Next problem: "Now Playing" disappears, replaced by a blank screen, after about 5 seconds. (I have to hit the spacebar or move the mouse to wake it up again.) The only solution I've found so far involves manually editing the advancedsettings.xml file, which seems impractical.

Also: perversely, the album artwork is smaller on the Now Playing screen than it is on the Playlist screen. Maybe "Now Playing" is customizable?

Anybody got a solution for the "reopen the program to where you left off last time" problem?

"Sideblade"! Got it--thanks. Still learning Kodi's hieroglyphics. Next problem: "Now Playing" disappears, replaced by a blank screen, after about 5 seconds. (I have to hit the spacebar or move the mouse to wake it up again.) The only solution I've found so far involves manually editing the advancedsettings.xml file, which seems impractical.

Also: perversely, the album artwork is smaller on the Now Playing screen than it is on the Playlist screen. Maybe "Now Playing" is customizable?

Anybody got a solution for the "reopen the program to where you left off last time" problem?

On a PC you could just leave it on all the time, minimized. It doesn't have the restart option you are looking for.

Settings > System > Power Saving - everything set to off

Settings > Interface > Screensaver - I have my Screensaver mode set to 'Dim' and Wait time to 30min (you can make it more, or less, or disable the screensaver entirely

Changing skins might solve your issue with the album art being smaller in the 'Now Playing' screen - to me it looks like it's only 10 or 15% smaller, which is fine with me!

you can set the screen to remain in now playing with a Kodi setting. I’ll post where this here soon after I get on my PC. I have posted a screen shot here on QQ previously somewhere.

Back