Kodi-Mini Topic: Playlists

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PK

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Music Your Way
Just a short overview to get started with and some links at the end.

Versions
I’m using Leia 18.6, LibreELEC, and Aeon Nox: Silvo 7.0.9…

Current Playlist
The Current Playlist contains all queued items be it an artist, album, song, etc. Items are typically queued using a Context Menu. The Current Playlist is temporary unless saved by the user.

Basic Playlists (Navigate the Library)
Two ways to create a basic playlist using the GUI are:
  • Saving the Current Playlist
  • Select “New Playlist” from the Playlist View. Navigate the Music Library and add items.
Smart Playlists (Query the Library)
  • Select “New Smart Playlist” from the Playlist View. Users can query the Music Library using rules to create a playlist.
Party Mode (Not to be confused with Party Mode Playlist)
AFAIK using the Party Mode invokes two options:
  • Shuffle
  • Repeat
Party Mode is an option available at the Playlist View/Side Blade Menu level and appears to be a setting that applies to all playlists in the Playlist View.

Party Mode Playlist (Not to be confused with Party Mode)
It’s not Party Mode and it's not a Playlist type. It’s the name of a default Smart Playlist set up in Kodi. This playlist is using “Songs” for the Type Option. No rules have been set for the query so it finds all the songs in the Music Library.

Playlist View
1593128738880.png

Music Playlist Editor View

On the left side I've chosen to listen to "Back In Black" and decide if I want to add it to an existing AC/DC playlist showing on the right. I like being able to sample songs at the same time as editing a playlist.
1593546478616.png

Side Blade Menu for Playlist Editor View

Don't forget to save your changes...
1593548863565.png

Music Media Helper
(Free 3rd party software by @HomerJAU)
MMH Play List Editor Tool
1593547625341.png

1593547661382.png

MMH Playlist Editor
I've added 3 Aerosmith Albums to the editor for creating a new playlist. Easily work with large number of songs as well as many other features!
1593547915477.png

Links:
Kodi Wiki: Playlists
Kodi Wiki: Basic Playlists
Kodi Wiki: Smart Playlists
Kodi Wiki: Party Mode
Kodi Wiki: Navigation/Playlist

QQ Music Media Helper
Kodi Forum MMH
MMH PDF

Last edited:
Back