Kodi Mini-Topics: Intro

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woops, my bad. I may have misread your post. My issue is a blanking of the TV screen while playing music on my NUC. The audio keeps playing but the TV screen will periodically go blank for a second or two and then the video comes back on.
Could still be an HDMI handshake issue between the TV and the NUC. My gut feeling is that the video blanking is at the NUC end. There was an update of drivers a while back for the NUC, check they're up to date.

Reactions: PK
Yes, I use a smartphone app (Yatse) to control Kodi and it works well. There's also a really god music-only controller app for the iPad.

Have you compared Yatse to Kodi's built in web based remote?

Can I get a show of hands? Who's using Kodi? :hi
Aye, Kodi with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin, been using it on an Nvidia Shield for about two years. Much thanks to this place in general and HomerJAU in particular. Still haven’t explored all its potential but I really like the rock solid performance - to my knowledge it hasn’t bugged or crashed one single time. Shield and Kodi is obvioisly a good match.

Have you compared Yatse to Kodi's built in web based remote?

Yes. The web controller is fine but works best with a real computer and big monitor. The smartphone app is much better optimized for the smaller screen. It may also have broader functionality, but I'm not positive about that. Been a while!

Could still be an HDMI handshake issue between the TV and the NUC. My gut feeling is that the video blanking is at the NUC end. There was an update of drivers a while back for the NUC, check they're up to date.

Can't find driver info in my NUC. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

Its a Kodi setup issue not the NUC drivers.

This only occurs when you play music, right?

In your advancedsettings.xml add this line to your file at the end and restart the NUC:

<songinfoduration>7200</songinfoduration>

Example

<songinfoduration>7200</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

My issue is a blanking of the TV screen while playing music on my NUC. The audio keeps playing but the TV screen will periodically go blank for a second or two and then the video comes back on.

And hitting a key on your remote or keyboard brings the screen back? If yes, can you try the above setting please?

It will come back on when a new song starts or you click a Control. That setting tells Kodi to keep showing the screen when audio plays. It’s the default setting as most don’t want to see the screen when only playing music,

if you have fanart art or the artist slideshow Then you want to see the screen while playing music.

Back