Quad LP/Tape Poll Koloc, Bonnie: Bonnie Koloc [QS/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Bonnie Koloc"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Self-titled 1973 album, Ovation OVQD/1429.

Side 1:

1. Newport Aug. 14
2. Charmer
3. Sunday Morning Movies
4. Wind On The Water
5. On The Road

Side 2:

1. Mama's Blues
2. Kentucky Dream
3. Roll Away The Grey
4. My Aunt Edna
5. Roslyn

ED :)

I rated it at 10. Bonnie's best album. I have the QS & Q8. Excellent writing. Nice mix for a small group. Schory & co. were dedicated to Quad. Still not out on CD.

Linda
I see myself in different ways today.

I've been meaning to rate this and write it up for about 2 years now but old man procrastination rears his ugly head again.

Same with "Hold On To Me".

And I have to listen to them again to refresh.

Soon...

Doug

OK, I have played it again and, you know, Bonnie Koloc is tricky. As you listen to her, you might think, "Gosh she sounds kinda like Judy Collins" but then "No she doesn't." Then you might think, "Gosh, she kinda sounds like Joan Baez with a little lower range" but then you think, "No she doesn't."

She has her own distinctive voice and it is very powerful in more than one way.

Anyway, the quad production and sonics on this QS album are really good and the songs about life/love/blues and the people involved in it can provoke melancholy and hope at the same time.

But "Mama's Blues" R-O-C-K-S!

Doug

10. Two of us rated this, a 9 and a 10. QQ Quad fans, you're missing one of the best albums EVER and a great Quad. You can get it for as low as 99 cents on EBay right now. There was no stereo LP. They were all QS. Sorry, no Q8 or QR offered right now on EBay. I love Joan and Judy and have all their albums. This one is better than anything either one of them did. If you like that kind of thing, you need this. It is head and shoulders Koloc's best.

In my top 100 albums. It has yet to be released on CD. I'd love a QS CD of this!
z279.jpg

I tend to agree with Quad Linda's initial thought that this is a OK release. Would it grow on me as it did for her, possibly. I found it to be a bit melow for my taste. The exception is the standout track "Mama's Blues" and "Sunday Morning Movies".

I own the QS LP but I'm voting on the Quad reel. My copy was purchased used and came in an Enoch Light box. I wasn't sure if my digital copy was my own or not when I couldn't first locate the tape.

I found that I had mislabelled my digital tracks, the track listing of the reel follows that of the Q8 rather than that of the LP.

Surround wise it's about as good as you can get with an accompanied vocalist. Very good sound quality from the Ampex reel. So overall an eight from me.

Last edited:
Back