Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for listing that one but that one has SCAM listed all over it, new launch and check the storefront, all items are super cheap and 170 pages of stuff, SCAM,SCAM,SCAM

Hey no one from the whole boxset has replied yet, try to convince me to buy the box

While I'm not going to pretend I'm a fan, so obviously I purchased the single. I get plenty from that - had I purchased the box, I would now be kicking my own ass.

:)

Thanks for listing that one but that one has SCAM listed all over it, new launch and check the storefront, all items are super cheap and 170 pages of stuff, SCAM,SCAM,SCAM

Hey no one from the whole boxset has replied yet, try to convince me to buy the box
Whenever I see a scam artist on Amazon I click on the link to report it to Amazon and the dealer is usually gone within a few hours.

While I'm not going to pretend I'm a fan, so obviously I purchased the single. I get plenty from that - had I purchased the box, I would now be kicking my own ass.

:)
I am a fan and I did purchase the single and I got plenty from that and I am glad I did not purchase the box. The single is more than enough.

Whenever I see a scam artist on Amazon I click on the link to report it to Amazon and the dealer is usually gone within a few hours.

Good idea, did not know there was a link to report that to Amazon, was just about to do it and looks like someone else already has as the item is not for sale any more from that SCAM seller.
I reported a SCAM to Amazon in Canada for a similar SCAM seller and it took over a week before it was removed and saw from comments that many people fell for it so not sure if Amazon refunded everyone but hope so.

p.s.

thanks for your endorsement for single disk, that one is winning so far.

Good idea, did not know there was a link to report that to Amazon, was just about to do it and looks like someone else already has as the item is not for sale any more from that SCAM seller.
I reported a SCAM to Amazon in Canada for a similar SCAM seller and it took over a week before it was removed and saw from comments that many people fell for it so not sure if Amazon refunded everyone but hope so.

p.s.

thanks for your endorsement for single disk, that one is winning so far.
Yes, on every item there is page for 'Other sellers on Amazon". Click on that page to get a page full of third party sellers. Near the top of the page is the line 'Feedback on this page: Tell us what you think'. When I was shopping for my 3d TV I ran into a bunch of sellers who were selling $2000 TVs for $499 with the tag line 'Email us first before ordering' and they were always sellers who just launched at Amazon. I turned in dozens of them and they kept on popping up and I kept complaining. It is hard to find those guys now.

When I was shopping for my 3d TV I ran into a bunch of sellers who were selling $2000 TVs for $499 with the tag line 'Email us first before ordering' and they were always sellers who just launched at Amazon. I turned in dozens of them and they kept on popping up and I kept complaining. It is hard to find those guys now.

It's people, like you, that make the world a better place. (y)

:D got the box set and while I don’t regret buying it, I’d say it’s not worth ten times the price of the regular edition. Hardly any essential tracks are missing. The book is a premium quality stone.

so I got the 4 disc box and am listening to the discs in atmos

I really have no words

you either like it or you hate it, or it's just unexplainable

exceptional, top notch immersive atmos sound (I dare you to show me better synth in atmos)

the visuals are, well, unexplainable

(they spell Chernobyl, Tschernobyl? wth?)

even though the visuals look simplistic to the American eye that has been jaded by Hollywood's over-production of everything I can say that even though the visuals seem simplistic, they are masterpieces of simplicity.

IOW, deceiving simplistic when in actuality very advanced and complex

like when you see a very seemingly simple painting by Dali or Picasso and think "I could do that" but when you try to recreate you utterly fail

it's like your inside a Tron music video (and I'm a huge Tron fan) so it's not a bad thing. I actually like it but just more unexplainable goodness.

btw, the louder you crank it the better it sounds

but

these guys are insane (and in an insane way, not a good or bad way but leaning towards a insane way), am I the only one who sees that? (and I'm half blooded German thru and thru for that matter) but born in the good Ole' US of A (for 50 years) so it's just

unexplainable

Last edited:
Because that is the German transliteration of the Ukrainian Чорно́биль.

Yep! Like you saying "Munich", whereas the German spelling is "München". Or "Cologne" vs. "Köln".

-Kristian

Is there a poll for this or does it have its own category of 11? It's freaking amazing.

Has anyone else tried the "Headphone Surround 3-D" option or know more about it?
Are there other examples, or is this a one-off experiment?

I'm not sure what kind of psycho-acoustic processing is used, but I find it a wider and more immersive sound field.

24441108948_f907f649e8.jpg

As the weather has turned sharper, I've hopped on the trusty Scwhinn Airdyne for a little exercise.
The headphone mix has become a favorite, especially the travel tunes, Autobahn, Trans-Europe Express & Tour de France.

37364942604_1d159b322c_o.jpg

I'm using custom-molded in-ear monitors, which have better attenuation than noise-cancelling headphones to block the racket from the machinery.

37364942454_4c25d1cd42_o.jpg

I route the headphone out from my receiver (taking care to switch off all processing) to a little mixer.
I boost the 15k eq to compensate for my high frequency hearing loss.

24221765528_4d0fe8ba3f_o.jpg

The aux output of the mixer drives a "butt-kicker" transducer bolted under the bicycle seat.
I literally feel the bass in my bones, but the nothing is audible in the rest of the house.

An amazing enhancement to the program material, where the bass drum sounds are pitched low frequency sine waves rather than acoustic recordings.

37364941844_dd1a2a088e_c.jpg

An old bass guitar amp drives the shaker @ 300 w into 2 ohms.

37364942034_3eafe4da9d_o.jpg

26298362329_966150f7a0.jpg

Has anyone else tried the "Headphone Surround 3-D" option or know more about it?
Are there other examples, or is this a one-off experiment?

There's also Galvany Street by Booka Shade box set, including a BD-A with Dolby Atmos and Headphone Surround 3-D mixes, both by Fritz Hilpert, too. Actually, I'm on the verge of purchasing this...

Only just noticed that you mentioned the Booka Shade set in some other thread… :) Ordered it right away when I saw Fritz Hilpert did the mix. Will report here. Too bad it is another huge set with a bunch of (for me) useless junk.

Oh, and I agree the Kraftwerk set should definitely have its own poll. :)

The Booka Shade set has arrived. After the second pass, I think it's a good album with an excellent surround mix. Was it worth the 60€? Well, I have certainly spent more money on mixes less well done (Hello Sgt Pepper). YMMV :) The music is very well done electro house/synth-pop and I kind of like the main singer's former band Archive – alas, I've always felt that band was more into sort of trying to evoke indie-rock hymns but stopping ever so slightly short of actually writing one. That syndrome hits this record as well.

Please, put this in the surround poll. I think this is the best inmersive surround mix I own. I have a 7.1 system (not atmos) and I can hear sounds in every points of my room.

I think this tittle will be in the top ten of the surround poll.

Back