HiRez Poll Krall, Diana - THE LOOK OF LOVE [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD/DVD-A of Diana Krall - THE LOOK OF LOVE

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez release. (y):phones(n)

Krall look Front.jpgKrall look Back.jpg

Last edited:
Very pleased with this release. the Music is nice ( i was told never to use that work in english lessons) the mix is complimentary. solid 8

When I'm in the mood for some soft Jazz listening, I go to this one often. Diana's voice is mesmerizing. I prefer this one to "The Girl In The Other Room." I give it an 8 as well.

Dennis

I have all the Krall high end discs, and a few CDs. If you like her music you'll really like the surround versions. Some folks like hip hop, I can't stand it. Some folks think her music is boring, I don't. Listen to some of her work first, and if you like it, buy the surround discs.

I have all her DVD-A albums. Listen to them a lot. Unfortunately her stuff is no longer put out in either DVD-Audio or SACD. Hence, I will no longer buy it. Too bad. Her producers should wake up to the beauty of her music in hi rez multichannel.

I have all her DVD-A albums. Listen to them a lot. Unfortunately her stuff is no longer put out in either DVD-Audio or SACD. Hence, I will no longer buy it. Too bad. Her producers should wake up to the beauty of her music in hi rez multichannel.

I don't think Universal Music Group has released an SACD or DVD-A in a couple of years, at least in the US so it doesn't have anything to do really with Diana specifically. No Elton John, no anybody else either. I think she is very pro high resolution.

Chris

I'm in complete agreement.
This is another great record (I have all 4 DVD-A, including the DualDisc) and gets a solid 9 from me - it's not quite up to the standard of "Love Scenes", but you can really begin to understand why Elvis Costello couldn't let her get away!! Diana Krall is a very high-class musician, and the 5.1 mizes from Al Schmitt are very well done indeed suiting the mood of the music perfectly.
Stand-Out track is - for me - "Cry Me A River". One of the finest versions I have ever heard.

Back