HiRez Poll Kunzel, Erich - ROUND UP! [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Erich Kunzel - ROUND UP

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez 5.1 title! (y) :phones (n)

This CD title has recently been released as a surround SACD by Telarc.

Attachments

• ru.jpg
    ru.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 76
WOW- I am first!

I was in Tower(Burlington MA) looking for this about 2 or 3 weeks sooner than it actually came out. I had seen a release date somewhere, but ended up later.

This was a CD I had owned for many years- and always enjoyed the Western theme- even if the Animal sounds leading it off are a little corny. I always enjoyed Gunfight at OK Corral.

Hearing that Telarc was releasing this in 5.1- I just couldn't wait! Hearing it in Surround just adds new light to an always enjoyed recording. It is not an overly aggressive mix, but very tasteful. You can detect all channels. Even though I enjoy this tremendously- I gave it a 9 only because if I gave it a 10-I'd give everything a 10- probably more in thanks for releases!!!

Now if Telarc would release more of their back-catalogue in 5.1

Chris

WOW- I am first!

I was in Tower(Burlington MA) looking for this about 2 or 3 weeks sooner than it actually came out. I had seen a release date somewhere, but ended up later.

This was a CD I had owned for many years- and always enjoyed the Western theme- even if the Animal sounds leading it off are a little corny. I always enjoyed Gunfight at OK Corral.

Hearing that Telarc was releasing this in 5.1- I just couldn't wait! Hearing it in Surround just adds new light to an always enjoyed recording. It is not an overly aggressive mix, but very tasteful. You can detect all channels. Even though I enjoy this tremendously- I gave it a 9 only because if I gave it a 10-I'd give everything a 10- probably more in thanks for releases!!!

Now if Telarc would release more of their back-catalogue in 5.1

Chris

This one was a lot of fun. Round Up has always been a favorite of mine from the Telarc catalog.

Here they've added surround sound sound effects, ambience and some proprietary processing to bring it to 5.1 Surround. An excellent job, especially when you consider the age of the material and that it was originally a 2 Channel recording! Kudos to the folks at Telarc.

As to the Telarc back catalog coming to SACD Surround Sound, Telarc is always interested in requests for such reissues. So if you want specific albums re-done in SACD Surround, drop them an email or letter.

Round-Up in SACD Surround was their #1 requested album and it's been issued. Who knows what may be coming next... ?!

As to the Telarc back catalog coming to SACD Surround Sound, Telarc is always interested in requests for such reissues. So if you want specific albums re-done in SACD Surround, drop them an email or letter.

I think I requested Papa Doo Run Run but I was probably the only one.

Only 12 years later for these comments!!

A very well produced musical tour through all our favourite Western Classic film and TV scores.
Mostly Ambient,which is not surprising given the source. There is some rear activity, although sparse.
Hang on ..Gunshots from the rears in Gunfight at the OK Coral. That made me jump.
Actually this one is a grower..probably because it reminds me of the countless hours of watching Westerns.
Agree with reidc and bmoura's comments from way back then, ( when I was knee high to a grass hopper....not!!)

A High Kicking, Rawhide 8

Last edited:
Back