La elva leve! {Let The River Live} (Documentary Soundtrack). Kolibri KOL 11 (Format ? LP) [Norway]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Anderson

Staff member
A QQ member from Norway sent me info on this LP as being Quad encoded. He also contacted the producer on Face Book to ask about the matrix format but has not received a response as of yet.
Various - La Elva Leve
La elva leve! {Let The River Live} (Documentary Soundtrack). Kolibri KOL 11 (Format LP) [Norway].jpg

The album does not list what matrix was used which I find a little odd as they list the microphones, 8-track reel to reel, and tape formula that was used.
1583448326346.png

(Mix to 2 tracks quadrophony In New York studio Oslo in the period 25-28. July 1980)

Then their is this description
1583448428190.png

(This LP is mixed quadrophonically. Do you have a normal stereo system and want to hear what really foragar, you
connect to an extra speaker and place it behind you - preferably the speakers forms an equilateral triangle.
the speakers should be as close as possible.)

I find it interesting that the album was issued in 1980 and mentions quad. We all know that some other countries continued with
quad releases much later than the US and UK (Supraphon in the Czech Republic comes to mind as late as '81) but the only other
popular quad title I can recall from Norway was done in '72 (Anne Lise Gjostol -Ta My Dream. Music For Pleasure MFP 50160 (SQ).

Can anyone add any additional knowledge about this album?

I was sent a music sample and will give it a listen thru that Tate 101A and Surround Master V2 when I get a chance and report back with anything I have learned.

Last edited:
A QQ member from Norway sent me info on this LP as being Quad encoded. He also contacted the producer on Face Book to ask about the matrix format but has not received a response as of yet.
Various - La Elva Leve
View attachment 47048

The album does not list what matrix was used which I find a little odd as they list the microphones, 8-track reel to reel, and tape formula that was used.
View attachment 47049
(Mix to 2 tracks quadrophony In New York studio Oslo in the period 25-28. July 1980)

View attachment 47050
(This LP is mixed quadrophonically. Do you have a normal stereo system and want to hear what really foragar, you
connect to an extra speaker and place it behind you - preferably the speakers forms an equilateral triangle.

I find it interesting that the album was issued in 1980 and mentions quad. We all know that some other countries continued with
quad releases much later than the US of UK (Supraphon in the Czech Republic comes to mind as late as '81) but the only other
popular quad title I can recall from Norway was done in '72 (Anne Lise Gjostol -Ta My Dream. Music For Pleasure MFP 50160 (SQ).

I was sent a music sample and will give it a listen thru that Tate 101A and Surround Master V2 when I get a chance and report back with anything I have learned.
Hi.
I try to check this out and have only got hold of the pictures you are showing in your post. However, I am trying to get pictures of the label on the record from a guy that has this record for sale(on Discogs). The record label Kolibri(Mai) went bankrupt in 1983. This was a very small record label and I believe that they would not pay any royalties for encoding anything to quad. That's why I believe that this must be encoded in QS, but I'm not sure.

Various - La Elva Leve
View attachment 47048

View attachment 47049

View attachment 47050

quad releases much later than the US and UK (Supraphon in the Czech Republic comes to mind as late as '81) but the only other

I have now received pictures of the label on the record, but this didn't bring any new information, unfortunately. Hopefully your music sample will solve this issue.

I have now received pictures of the label on the record, but this didn't bring any new information, unfortunately. Hopefully your music sample will solve this issue.
Hi.
I try to check this out and have only got hold of the pictures you are showing in your post. However, I am trying to get pictures of the label on the record from a guy that has this record for sale(on Discogs). The record label Kolibri(Mai) went bankrupt in 1983. This was a very small record label and I believe that they would not pay any royalties for encoding anything to quad. That's why I believe that this must be encoded in QS, but I'm not sure.
I have now contacted the studio technician that recorded this record(fortunately he's still alive), and he said that no specific matrix system was used, just ambiophonics. So I guess that this matter is now closed.

Back