Quad LP/Tape Poll Labelle: Nightbirds [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Nightbirds"

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
1974 'comeback' Lp for Patti and the gals...

Side 1:

1. Lady Marmalade
2. Somebody Somewhere
3. Are You Lonely?
4. It Took A Long Time
5. Don't Bring Me Down

Side 2:

1. What Can I Do For You?
2. Nightbird
3. Space Children
4. All Girl Band
5. You Turn Me On

ED :)

This is the one to have by these girls, as it has the big hit that was later made famous by the disney girl. I only picked this one up a few years ago, and then it was an Israeli pressing, of all things. Turns out, I really like the music. Its certainly of a time that has passed, but its really good fun, especially side one, of which all the songs are good.
The mix through a Tate is very lively, about standard for CBS at this time in the evolution. I quite like it. One of these days I am going to pick up a non-middle-eastern pressing, so that I don't have to hear so much of the surface. All in all, a 7+.
Marc

Worth owning for "Lady Marmalade" alone, very intelligent mix overall, good songs, nice comeback for Patti and the gals. An '8'....

ED :)

9. It doesn't get much better than this. The material is strong, though perhaps somewhat dated. The mix is great. Patti's vocals are strong. Nona and their instrumentalists are the real stars here. As usual, I bought this immediately when it was released on SQ. Lady Marmalade had yet to become a big hit. I didn't expect much. but was wowed immediately. Forget Phoenix, the follow up. If you don't own this, you're missing something truly great.

Back