• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lafayette Radio SQW decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkenkel

I am new to your group and I hope this thread/request does not violate the rules or intent of the rules of your group.
I have a Lafayette Radio Electronics SQW decoder, Lafayette part number 99-03311, in excellent condition. I have the original box, packing, owners manual, spare fuse, and manufacturer's production tag. I am planning to put it up for sale. Is anyone able to provide any information concerning the value of this piece?
Thank you in advance.

In think they sell for USD120 or so at ebay. You might get more if the condition is truly excellent.

I'd guess the Surround Master has created a drop in the price of these units, and even of the Tates. But there is always someone that loves vintage and purely-analog.

It is more of a preamp than a plain decoder, similar to the SMV2.

I am new to your group and I hope this thread/request does not violate the rules or intent of the rules of your group.
I have a Lafayette Radio Electronics SQW decoder, Lafayette part number 99-03311, in excellent condition. I have the original box, packing, owners manual, spare fuse, and manufacturer's production tag. I am planning to put it up for sale. Is anyone able to provide any information concerning the value of this piece?
Thank you in advance.
Hello J

You might find this previous note from some time ago of interest:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/lafayette-sq-w-just-arrived.11971/

The SQW was reportedly the best SQ decoder up until the Tate units became available. I usually see them selling for about $600 on eBay. With the availability of the Surround Master the SQW might not now bring in quite that high a price.

Thank you in advance.
Thank you in advance.

Back