Lafayette SQ-L

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radioheadrox

I was recently watching an auction for a Sony SQD 2070, but it got too expensive for me.

However, there is a Lafayette SQ-L up for sale right now. I've read a few reviews on this box, and they seem positive. What do you think a fair price for this box would be? I'm currently using a Lafayette SQ-M (ugh, I hate non-logic). I hear that the SQ-L has front-back logic. How does this compare to the so-called "full-logic" of the sony unit that I was watching? Would it be worth the upgrade from a SQ-M to a SQ-L?

Thanx,
James

Hi James,

read

<a href="http://www.greatgig.com/quad/TateSQL.htm" target="top">Tate vs. SQ-L</a>

Should make your mind up!

From what I've heard, it's a very nice little unit indeed !!

Good luck with the bidding !!

Dave.

Cranking up the database we see eBay selling prices for the decoder from a low of $10 up to $128.

At eBay patience is the key. Bid whatcha' think it's worth to you. If yah' don't win this time there's always another time.

Summer is the best time for buyers since far fewer people go to eBay then than in the colder months.

I bought an SQ-L from Tab off ebay. I paid $66 US for it which I think is a little high, but whatcha gonna do, right?

I can't wait to try it out. From what I've been told, it'll blow my Pioneer SQ decoder outta the water! :eek:

The SQ-L is a damn fine unit. Sure, there are better units out there (SQ-W, Tate) but not by a wide margin. The SQ-L is more than adequate for SQ. I think you will be quite pleased.

Went for $56. High bidder must have set a fairly high proxy as it went from $16 to $56 pretty quickly. :x

Yeah,

I bid $20 and then $30. I decided to give up there as I'm trying to save as much money possible to expand my quad record collection (why pay lotsa $$ now for hardware if I only have a few SQ LPs?) as I'm going on a record shopping spree next weekend.

There was one person who kept pushing the amount up. He lost by about 50 cents

This is why I always snipe my bids. I don't see any reason to get into a bidding war. I just decide what my highest price will be and put it in at the last few seconds. I will either get it for just over the proxy bid of the highest bidder or I don't get it because I didn't set my price high enough. This helps me too because I might reconsider my highest price and keep bidding.

Ranzy

I can tell you, sniping works wonderfully. I haven't done much bidding on Ebay lately, but I used to set a countdown timer and snipe it with 15 seconds to go. This is not enough time for a competitor to respond. Only another sniper can beat you.

The Quadfather

Back