Quadio Family Portrait - Late Summer 2020 -

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the standalone CTA release a feeler for the eventual quadio set? Also, based on price of the Aretha disc, looks like i'll be waiting a while to find one at a reasonable price...

Was the standalone CTA release a feeler for the eventual quadio set? Also, based on price of the Aretha disc, looks like i'll be waiting a while to find one at a reasonable price...

The Chicago was to be the first of 20-40 single disc Quadio releases back in 2010. There are many threads about the joy and excitement this caused in the forum. Most of them are here in the Quadio section. The second release was the Aretha, which was somehow met with disappointment as most were looking for the Eagles or something more pop/rock. (However, the Aretha is a great disc in itself)

The recording engineer was ready to do more and they were searching for titles to do when there was a corporate upheaval at WB/Rhino that severely impacted the Rhino division, as well as the rest of WB Records. Many people were laid off and programs were cut. Unfortunately, the Quadio program got swept out with the trash.

It was a huge surprise when the Chicago Box Set came out, as no one expected it at all. Once this Doobies box is released, it will be interesting to see if WB continues the series. At one point in 2015 there was to be another rebirth on Bluray, but that program got shelved as well. I really have no other details on that one, except I was told a few sample discs were sent out to retailers with some show tunes on them, possibly the "High Society" soundtrack, which was slated for DVD-A in the early 2000's.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Do you think they'll ever re-release any of these? I'd love the Chicago one, but it's way too pricey now

https://www.merchbar.com/rock-alternative/chicago/chicago-quadio-box-9-disc-blu-ray-audio
I literally just bought this last week and it was in my house two days later. It comes with all the correct discs too. I think $160 is the cheapest this will be now (I don't know what it was originally 4 years ago), and when you take into account every album is ~$17.50, its one of the best deals you can get.

Back