LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
uh-oh... 🀨

my love affair with the SL-7 may be over just as its begun!! 😒

the cute little rascal has got HARDWIRED RCA leads!??! πŸ€―πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜±πŸ˜­

NOOOOOOOO...!!! 😫
i thought they were detachable like on the SL-10?? 😬

i had such a hassle finding CD-4 compatible RCA cables in my stash (i literally went through like 10 sets!!) and ended up using a set that look quite similar to the Technics SL-1200 hardwired ones, nothing flash just fairly thick and spongey, which have never given me any bother and did ultimately work but the cables that came with the SL-10 (quite fancy, billed as "low stray capacity" cable, with a proprietary Technics 3-prong plug with integrated Ground pin and Ground cable) were awful and noisy for CD-4..

so, the odds are these hardwired ones on the SL-7 could also be unsuitable for CD-4!?

oh pigs' BUM!!! πŸ– πŸ‘πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ .. and today was going so well..!!! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜«

Sonik Wiz

πŸ‘‚ 500 MPH EARS πŸ‘‚
QQ Supporter
ps. do any of you guys have any tips on how to clean up and smooth out scratches in plexiglass? (or whatever these lids are made of!) πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ’‘
Post #85/86

Sonik Wiz

πŸ‘‚ 500 MPH EARS πŸ‘‚
QQ Supporter
uh-oh... 🀨

the cute little rascal has got HARDWIRED RCA leads!??! πŸ€―πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜±πŸ˜­

NOOOOOOOO...!!! 😫

i had such a hassle finding CD-4 compatible RCA cables in my stash (i literally went through like 10 sets!!) and ended up using a set that look quite similar to the Technics SL-1200 hardwired ones, nothing flash just fairly thick and spongey, which have never given me any bother and did ultimately work but the cables that came with the SL-10 (quite fancy, billed as "low stray capacity" cable, with a proprietary Technics 3-prong plug with integrated Ground pin and Ground cable) were awful and noisy for CD-4..

so, the odds are these hardwired ones on the SL-7 could also be unsuitable for CD-4!?

oh pigs' BUM!!! πŸ– πŸ‘πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ .. and today was going so well..!!! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜«
The factory stock cables on my AT 120 TT works fine for CD-4. Try and see.

J. PUPSTER

πŸ’ΏπŸ• Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
uh-oh... 🀨

NOOOOOOOO...!!! 😫

I’d hate to see you make that sexy LT lady walk the plank without first taking her for a spin on the CD-4 runway 🧐

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Fred/Adam I always enjoy reading your posts with your colorful use of adjectives and expressions. Maybe DV can put you into service writing some liner notes.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Fred/Adam I always enjoy reading your posts with your colorful use of adjectives and expressions. Maybe DV can put you into service writing some liner notes.
oh dah-ling, they can't afford me! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(that's because my fee is 100 kit kat chunky's a day and all the cheeky vimto's i can stand of a lunchtime!) πŸ˜…πŸ«πŸ˜‚πŸΉπŸ˜‚

only joking!! πŸ˜‰

i'm too drunk to stand up most nights let alone write joined up proper like! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

only joking (again) i no longer drink alcohol of an evening (its boring but its for the best πŸ˜‹ )

ps. i'm glad you like my mad rambling drivel! 🀀😘🀭

in zee words of zee late great Charles Aznovoice; "DV mon cher, mange tout, i'll write you a love song, Charlie!" πŸ§„πŸ§…πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ˜ˆ

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
LATEST piece of gear in my stack.. πŸ€”

what is it? 🧐
i hear you cry! πŸ˜‚

weeeeeelllllll.... its this wee beaut..!! πŸ’˜β€οΈπŸ˜πŸ₯°

View attachment 83502

yes, a Technics SL-7 Linear Tracking Turntable! 🀯🀩πŸ₯³

i was surfin' round the ol' fleabay the other night and one suddenly popped up; serviced, with new belts and lube and in good enough cosmetic condition for the Β£200 smackers asking price. boom! let's hope unlike the SL-10 its not a case of "a fool and his money are soon parted"..!! πŸ€žπŸ˜…πŸ€žπŸ˜‚πŸ€žπŸ˜…πŸ€žπŸ˜‚πŸ€ž
Holy moley Freddie baby, that was a STEAL!!!
so happy you got that…
I love my SL-QL1 cause it’s a simplified version of those two babies you got there and I think that makes it more appealing to me , not nearly as pretty but I think it’s sexy too! Especially my dark grey ones!
FC02A779-1037-4B49-996C-8335400E0014.jpeg

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Holy moley Freddie baby, that was a STEAL!!!
so happy you got that…
I love my SL-QL1 cause it’s a simplified version of those two babies you got there and I think that makes it more appealing to me , not nearly as pretty but I think it’s sexy too! Especially my dark grey ones!
View attachment 83522
oh i think it looks sexy in Black! πŸ’˜πŸ˜

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
'ello Tosh, its a Toshiba! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

Toshiba SY-404 CD-4 demodulator & setup 45 disc.

2E60599A-6610-4FDB-98BB-4FA1F03F2C34.jpeg

while it weighs a reassuring half-ton and looks in decent enough nick, when you fire it up not only do the lights not come on but no-one's at home! basically its an ex-demogitator, it has ceased to be! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜…

so, into the closet it goes with my other non-functioning CD-4 demodulators! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ NEXT!!!???!!! πŸ₯³

J. PUPSTER

QQ Supporter
'ello Tosh, its a Toshiba! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

Toshiba SY-404 CD-4 demodulator & setup 45 disc.

View attachment 85836

while it weighs a reassuring half-ton and looks in decent enough nick, when you fire it up not only do the lights not come on but no-one's at home! basically its an ex-demogitator, it has ceased to be! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜…

so, into the closet it goes with my other non-functioning CD-4 demodulators! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ NEXT!!!???!!! πŸ₯³
I thought you already had a good working Demod. Freddie? Hope you didn't pay much for that one; I'm still in the hunt for one in good nick for sure :geek:

J. PUPSTER

QQ Supporter